5.0 out of 5 stars Madonna is truly the Queen of All Trades!
Published on 11 Jan. 2006 by Thomas Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Can anyone tell me which books are in this set?
I am very disappointed to see that people are putting in reviews but I have no idea what in the world they are reviewing! Not even Amazon have told us which books are in the set! And the pictures showing the books are useless as I still am none the wiser as to which books made it in to this set!
Published on 13 Mar. 2011 by Leela

5.0 out of 5 stars Madonna is truly the Queen of All Trades!, 11 Jan. 2006
This review is from: Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set (Hardcover)
I must admit that before i bought these books, I was afraid that I would be 'sucked' into buying them because Madonna is my favourite artist since I was 5 years old. I bought the English Roses and thought that it was a good try, not ultra brilliant but a nice childrens story with fantastic illustrations. I was given the set for Christmas and it was the best ever not because it was only by Madonna but the other stories are absolutely fantastic. Everything from moral values,humour,gorgeous illustrations,characters that cover ALL kinds of race,religion and countries plus much much more.From mythical beasts in the Adventures of Abdi,a wise old man who talks to angels in Yakov and the 7 Thieves,Mr.Peabody teaches a very important lesson (told in such a clever way!) and my favourite, rich man Lotsa De Casha who goes on a quest because he "wanta a lotta happiness"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Madonna Multi Talented, 30 Dec. 2005
lee.m. (london United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set (Hardcover)
These books are a great idea for children and adults alike. They are NOT the 'Once upon a time blah blah blah and they all lived Happily ever after'commercial dross, instead they are tales of morality and humanity from around the world. How we as humans should treat each other without being preachy. I would highly recommend these books, it may even change the way you view things. It may even change the way you see Madonna

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Moral Stories, 27 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set (Hardcover)
I'm writing this review because i believe these books deserve more than 1 star.
They all have a positive message to children and no matter how they are presented is always good in my eyes.
Each book is very colourful and full of great undertones for moral behaviour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Go girl!, 30 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set (Hardcover)
I have to say I was a bit sceptical about Madonna's venture into this area, but I have to say I am VERY pleasantly suprised...she's pulled it off and well! Each of the five books gives a great positive message that I'm sure we can all learn from (if not be reminded of). They are also beautifully produced to a very high standard and the illustrations are second to none! Each home should have them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lifes Lessons, 4 Sept. 2010
Monica Kyek (Worb, Bern Switzerland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set (Hardcover)
These stories are for children and without a doubt lessons of wisdom for adults. We can all learn from these books. I am over fourty and fell in love with all five. They touch your heart with
stories that make you think twice about our actions and attitudes.
Lifes little lessons that go a long way.
Kabbalah or not, what does it matter, these are treasures we all need to teach and learn from.
Moni

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 7 Sept. 2013
Mr. A. Da Silva Santos "Anderson" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set (Hardcover)
it is a great reading. credits to madonna. my niece and I loved it. i strongly recommend it. but they are not all English Roses books. they are all different

1.0 out of 5 stars Can anyone tell me which books are in this set?, 13 Mar. 2011
Leela (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Aug. 2014
:-)

1.0 out of 5 stars It's been done., 2 Nov. 2005
Justin Steed (Paris, France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set (Hardcover)
These cautionary tales have been written a thousand times before, and generally better. The illustrations are mostly nice, but frankly this is self-indulgent, patronising garbage.
Spend your money on books from people like Lauren Child or Richard Scarry instead - they have a lot more charm and are a lot less plodding, and you're not giving tacit approval anything you might not approve of.

Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set
Madonna 5 Volume Boxed Set by Madonna (Hardcover - 6 Oct. 2005)
Used & New from: £21.48