1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Brought back so many wonderful memories for me!, 6 April 2011
This review is from: Keats's Neighborhood: An Ezra Jack Keats Treasury (Hardcover)
I loved as a child, Whistle for Willie, A Snowy day and Peter's chair. They were the first books that I can remember with a postive black character, that I related to.
Now my 4 1/2 year old daughter is having the same wonderful experience. Good value for money hardback, with 10 stories many new to me that explore everyday experiences and feelings such as learning to whistle, seeing snow for the first time, feeling jealous, learning to share, friendships, simple tales but effect.

Beautifully illustrated and presented, bright colours, with lots of textures. Work of a genius!

What is also really interesting and gives you an insight into to the world of Ezra Jack Keats is the thoughts of famous childrens writers and illustrators such as Eric Carle.

Keats's Neightbourhood is a must have on any childs books shelf, great stories to read out loud at bedtime, and for when your childs learning to read.

My only grumble is the formatt, you sometimes get two pages of a story on one page, which to me spoils the beauty of the orignal books.

Still give it 5 stars though!

ARRAY(0xb0f71a74)

Keats's Neighborhood: An Ezra Jack Keats Treasury
Keats's Neighborhood: An Ezra Jack Keats Treasury by Ezra Jack Keats (Hardcover - Oct 2002)
16.27