4.0 out of 5 stars If you need it, Buy it!
Heavy reading, but all you will need to know. Very specific, but exhaustive in its information. I was new to the olive producing business but now my friends see me as an expert thanks to what I have learnt.
Published on 13 Oct 2011 by billbcn

3.0 out of 5 stars In-depth manual about how to look after your trees
Published on 7 April 2008 by K. Dennis

3.0 out of 5 stars In-depth manual about how to look after your trees, 7 April 2008
K. Dennis - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pruning and Training Systems for Modern Olive Growing (Paperback)
If you are looking for a pretty book with lots of nice photos then this book is not for you! Although this book claims to be for the "layman", it is still stuffed full of mathematical equations & other complex graphs, detailing how the trees grow & why. Some of the illustrations and black & white photos are actually difficult to follow or understand. The writing is certainly very informative, but it proved to me - a real layman I hasten to add! - rather inconclusive at times. I was looking for guidance on what to do with my olive trees, and I am now left somewhat startled & still a little confused after reading it.

However it has given me a lot of background on the nature of olive trees, and rather than simply recommending one style of pruning/training, it discusses them all, for the reader to choose the one that fits best depending on the very specific orchard conditions.

If you have a little knowledge of the habit of olives already, or perhaps you are working alonside an experienced olive horticulturist, then I am sure it will be your indispensible guide for looking after your grove.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you need it, Buy it!, 13 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 July 2014
A great in-depth book on pruning the olive tree.

Pruning and Training Systems for Modern Olive Growing
Pruning and Training Systems for Modern Olive Growing by C. Cantini (Paperback - 1 Jan 2000)
58.61