5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Amazing....
That it took me a while to see that the Wheel was part of the front cover of the book should give you an insight into my capabilities.

Published on 30 Oct. 2010 by Michael

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor
Disappointing accompanying information, poorly explained information relating to what the chord wheel was showing about musical structure. Bought for an intermediate level musician but when looked at by a professional was found to be very confusing. Consigned to the bin!
Published 15 months ago by Marcia Mackey

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite Amazing...., 30 Oct. 2010
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)

I am quite amazed at this product. Using Band-in-a-Box to produce my music is fine and amazingly easy, but getting into Chords, thats not easy. I have no contact with any musicians so this Chord Wheel is a great help to me in my Songwriting. Sure, it will take a while to read and digest the book, but I can live with that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent visual aid, 24 Jan. 2010
Eur0p1 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
I checked out the website suggested in a previous review and the only chord wheel I could find does not compare to the one in this book. As someone fairly new to music theory I found this product to be extremely useful. I have read books about keys, chord progressions, transposing etc etc, but I have never found anything that explains the basics as well as this book. I guess a picture is worth a thousand words. To be able to see all the keys, their chords and the relationships between everything is invaluable. The book is thin and only goes into the basics but it will give you a solid foundation and a superb visual aid to use in the future.

4.0 out of 5 stars Any songwriter has to get this book!, 4 Feb. 2011
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
From the day this book arrived from England, I have found it extremely useful. No more fumbling around trying to find the right chords to fit. Reading it was like an epiphany, everything just made sense. I mostly write commercial jingles and having this Chord Wheel to assist me in choosing chord structures enables me to work more efficiently. It also helps in analyzing the chord structures of other tracks, enabling you to make variations on them and turn them into your own pieces. I have it sitting beside my keyboard at all times. I would highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars the simplest ideas are often the best, 7 Mar. 2010
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
As a newcomer to the guitar, I find this indispensable. I use it all the time for changing the key of songs, and making my own arrangements. There may be something similar on the internet, but I don't want to spend my whole life in front of a computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish I'd found it sooner, 18 Jun. 2013
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
this book is thin, but gave me many Aha moments.
In just 20mins of reading this book, I grasped techniques and a greater understanding of how Chords work,
Which goes well with which and even what notes make up the chord, so you can play a solo,
or transpose instantly.

its visual rather than theory because there is a dial on the front of the book,
turn it to the desired Chord, and it lists which other Chords work with it, Major, Minor C7 etc etc.
but even more than that if you decide to play a chord that goes with the original, then turn the dial to that,
you get more chords that fit.

it means no more "Strum de strum de strum" on the Guitar until you get bored, now I can switch in various sequences
to add interest.

a great book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tool, 9 Mar. 2010
Juan F. Emery Lorenzo (Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
This is a great tool to get you up and running with the basics (and some not so basics) of chord progressions in all 12 major keys. It's really helped my understanding of how progressions and modulations work and been very useful in a few basic compositions I put together. I especially like how it shows all the variations (9, sus4 etc) that you can use to make your progressions more colourful as well as substitute chords that you can use. The book itself is quite accessible dealing more with practical applications of theory than the theory itself. Overall a valuable tool to have, even if only for the wheel itself.

PS You can not get the same info on the harmonic mixing website. Their wheel just shows major keys and their relative minors. Not a patch on this wheel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy Indeed, 30 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
A simple, but effective guide to chords and key signatures. It sits on my keyboard as a lasting reminder of what goes well together when I'm composing. The inside text is a useful feature as well, but normally I just use the front cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars wheely good, 23 Mar. 2011
Mr. Paul Payne (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
Gives at a glance and spin, all cords for any key you wish to use or compose in.

book very thin but you a purchasing for front page wheel which helps make sense of

how cords are formed and if learning music like myself, helps understand cord

progressions so much more easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simplicity, 4 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
This simplifies music theory dramatically.

It may take a little time with it to see how to use it, but once you have the "ah ah" moment, you are away.

If you can work out a chord progression (I-VI-IV-V for example), you can whiz this thing around to any key and instantly transpose the music from its native key to any other. The inner-loop (the actual "circle of fifths") is easy enough to remember B E A D G C F, and repeat, but this wheel gives an instant visual on all the other chords that will fit into that particular key.

It is about the size of an A4 sheet of paper, so fits nicely atop any piano music stand.

A very clever idea, neatly executed.

4.0 out of 5 stars My chord wheel., 26 May 2011
Kenneth N. Hambly "Ken Hambly" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart (Paperback)
Exactly as described. Interesting and quite useful but certainly not essential to the burgeoning pianist. It's something to keep with your music and tutors so that you can refer to it, or play with it when it all gets to be too much.

The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart
The Chord Wheel All Inst Chart by Various (Paperback - 20 April 2007)