4.0 out of 5 stars Plumbing - Heating and Gas Installations
Published on 8 May 2003 by Patrick Arnold-Baker

3.0 out of 5 stars useful book
this book is ok for people who have nearly finished a plumbing and electrician course just to take along to jobs for a reminder especially if just started out
Published 19 months ago by Hayley Woodley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Plumbing - Heating and Gas Installations, 8 May 2003
Patrick Arnold-Baker (Pinner, Middlesex, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to learn a lot more about plumbing and I was not disappointed with what I had bought. It is more about the how of plumbing rather than just techniques and tips. In other words it tells one all about how plumbing works in detail. There is a lot of theory including the calculations to decide on the correct radiator heat output to suit a particular room.
As another reviewer has already stated, there are drawings rather than photos but for me it does not reduce the value of the book, instead it just reduces the price of the book - and that's not a bad thing. It would have been physically a more attractive book with good photos but don't let that put you off.
The book is crammed with information which is well presented and straightforward to follow.
If you are an aspiring plumber don't hesitate to get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book!, 19 Feb. 2004
MR JOE AGUILAR (Horsham, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I am an electrician who knows something of plumbing having worked with plumbers over the years. From time to time I have made reference to this book to 'remind' myself of the way in which different types of central heating system operate.
I would recommend this book as an excellent general home reference, if you simply just want to understand home plumbing or are brave enough to add a radiator to your home.
It is well written, informative and carries a sufficient level of relevant information & pictures/diagrams on all types of issues related to plumbing.
I do like the other sections in this book relating to leadwork etc... this is a dying art amongst plumbers and very few books if any cover this topic in any detail.
Don't let this put you off the book though. Lead is a small section and most of the book is relevant to todays modern plumbing techniques!
I would highly recommned it after having searched for many other similar titles, I found this one to be the best! An excellent book!
Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars An excellent aid to learning about practical plumbing., 6 Jan. 2001
By A Customer
This book sets out to take the reader through the "minefield" that can be plumbing in a very practical way. It's presentation is conversational and it is well served by good diagrams.
As an aid to NVQ Level 2 Plumbing it is invaluable as it provides a structure that is often lacking in the college!
A good buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Well laid out, concise and comprehensive., 13 July 2007
Dr. Paul Layzell (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is great. I bought it to help with redesigning an old central heating and drainage system in a large, dilapidated house and needed more detail than one finds in the otherwise excellent Collins DIY series. One of this book's best achievements is its layout - every aspect of plumbing has been skillfully divided into concise, separate sections, saving the need to wade through a load of extraneous detail to get to the bit you're interested in. Each section describes and lists clearly any applicable building regs, and outlines the various advantages, disadvantages and pitfalls associated with different strategies and systems. There's a great section on noise transmission in pipework, as well as on working with lead, steel and other materials. The book is aimed at NVQ/SVQ, but is a great reference work for any competent DIYer

5.0 out of 5 stars Plumbing Heating and Gas Installations, 16 Jan. 2004
Mr P Heath (Winsford, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Excellent book covers all the important things that you need to know,as I am currently studying for an NVQ in gas fitting this book has proved to be a valuable aid

5.0 out of 5 stars ***MUST HAVE***, 27 Feb. 2009
Mr. J. R. Kirwan "J Kirwan" (Collier Row, Essex) - See all my reviews
I'm Currently studing towards my City & Guilds 6129 L2 with a view to converting to an NVQ at the finish. I brought this book on the advice of a few others on here and my college tutors and it hasn't dissapointed. Covers everything i need to know clearly and in a structure that we don't get at College. It covers up to level 3 so can be a bit "deep" at times but i feel this will stand me in good stead for level 3 when i come to study for this. Also has a Q & A section at the end which is very handy for revision...this along side the JTL level 2 are providing a good source of material for me.

A must have for any aspiring Plumber.

5.0 out of 5 stars plumbing., 26 Sept. 2013
Has it all and more. A good price,quite technical but explained and illustrated clearly and accurately.If your at all not sure whip out the book and there it will be.

3.0 out of 5 stars useful book, 22 Jun. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Written, 12 May 2013
Such a well written book. This is an essential buy for all those that want a good insight into plumbing or for those that wish to go into the trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plumbing: Heating and Gas Installations, 15 April 2013
S. Hooper "Raisin" (UK) - See all my reviews
A really good book to own. I bought a pre-owned one to give as a gift but it was far too tatty. But I did keep it myself and even I (Gas engineer/plumber) found it a good read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Plumbing
Plumbing by Roy Treloar (Paperback - 6 Jun. 1994)
Used & New from: £0.01