Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now

on 14 February 2005
This is great for undergraduates, doesn't contain too many long words, set out in a sensible way. You need this for any sedimentary course, also for your third year mapping dissertation (unless you are not expecting to find any sedimentary rocks at all......in which case i think you should buy it anyway, cos Maurice is a Legend) (Although you don't need to buy the expensive new additions - buy the old blue one, it's a much better price)
on 3 March 2004
Really excellent first (and above!) year text, excellent diagrams and simple explanation which help to convey what the complicated world of sediments are up to!
I have to admit to it being the most used textbook I posses, due in part to it being fairly consise!!!
Brilliant text and an excellent author!
on 3 June 2010
This is an excellent undergrad text for anyone doing any work with sediments. Starting with basically no background in Geology it was a lifesaver of a text and has now seen me to third year undergrad and its still a well used text and will be coming with me this summer when doing my mapping.

You often see the diagrams popping up in lecture and lab notes as they are absolutely excellent and are fantastic for illustrating points and I have used modified versions in exams to good success. Must buy for any amateur or professional geologist as its simply excellent.
on 1 November 2013
For the study of Petrology this book is a must. Covers most parts of petrology of sediments very well. Has been of great use to me a a student.
on 12 November 2015
An extremely good book. Easy to read and full of useful detail and information, I'm very pleased with it.
on 18 May 2015
great for any geology student studying sedimentary environments