5.0 out of 5 stars This book delivers what it promises!!!!
Published on 26 Nov. 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars A SLIGHT DISAPPOINTMENT
It was not clear that this book was geared towards the US market. The cuts of meat were the ones used in the US, and all the measurements were in US units and temperatures in degrees Fahrenheit, necessitating constant conversions to the current metric units. This limited the use of this book in the UK.
Published on 23 April 2008 by D. J. Adler

3.0 out of 5 stars A SLIGHT DISAPPOINTMENT, 23 April 2008
D. J. Adler (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Meat Cookbook: A Juicy and Authoritative Guide to Selecting, Seasoning, and Cooking Today's Beef, Pork, Lamb, and Veal (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars This book delivers what it promises!!!!, 26 Nov. 1998
By A Customer
Upon reading this book I now understand all of the different cuts of meat, where they come from and how they are to be prepared. I have changed the way I shop and where I shop. My family can't believe the difference. I now confidently go up to the butcher and tell him which cut I want (even the rib numbers I want...they are not all the same). I can now spot bad meat a mile away and won't go near the stuff I would have previously bought. Meat is too expensive to guess at. I highly recommend this book!!!! The recipes are great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fabulous Cookbook, 9 May 1999
By A Customer
This is by far the best cookbook I have (and I have a lot). The book is not only a collection of great recipes, but it teaches you how to select the best cuts of meat. I've never been a big meat eater, but I've tried at least two dozen recipes from this book, and loved every one. The recipes are very easy to follow and don't use strange or hard to find items. Definitely 5 stars! A must for every kitchen!

2.0 out of 5 stars Did they test the recipes?, 1 Dec. 1998
By A Customer
Not-Like-Mom's Meat Loaf was very good although a little too moist. Oakland-Style Barbecue Sauce was a loser - a waste of good ingredients as well as time. Am now skeptical of the rest of the book.