5.0 out of 5 stars Not for the easily offended.
This is quite a shocking and disturbing read at times but despite this it is still a page turner. Jimmy Hawthorne, is a bit of a loner. He decides to live out his fantasies by kidnapping 2 fellow high school girls who he then holds as prisoners in a secret underground fallout shelter. You do wonder where it is all going to end and the descriptions of violence and...
Published on 6 Feb 2012 by Hollie

3.0 out of 5 stars Average
I expected more from this novel, the concept was good I just don't think it was executed very well.

The story was a bit boring and repetitive in parts and I found it very difficult to believe that despite the whole town knowing about the old abandoned Hood house, when one girl goes missing, then two, that the police didn't think to search the place...
Published 19 months ago by Minimoo

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Different..., 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
Read other reviews and wanted to see what the fuss was about. Can agree with nearly all of them. It is a book that pushes boundaries and has you feeling for Jimmy even although you know you shouldn't. This is because it shows Jimmy to be, in many ways, just a normal person, with a normal life even although he is obviously a very disturbed young man. Well written and disturbing although there are many errors in the text - annoying. Nevertheless, we have an author here with something to offer the general public.

4.0 out of 5 stars Jimmy, 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
Such a well written and fast moving book.
It is abit on the shocking side, but it has so many elements to this book that the whole story isn't focused on that alone.
I didn't expect the ending...however I didn't expect half of what happened in the book !
An amazing read !

4.0 out of 5 stars Hmm, interesting!, 26 Mar 2012
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
I couldn't put this book down. A weird story but gripping and thought provoking. I would reccomend this book, even if you think it appears a bit "sick"

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Aug 2014
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
this is the first (but won't be the last) book by William Malmborg I have read and what was great about the character Jimmy was all the evil things he did wasn't attributed to him having a mental illness it was more that he was pursuing and exploring his fantasies while being of sound mind. If it hadn't been for his evil deeds he could have been a really nice guy and the bond with his brother was evident. Yes in parts some of the torture was harrowing but I don't think that the book would have been the same without. I found myself just as frustrated with Samantha as Meg was when she would not help herself but was as equally frustrated with Meg when she could've used her phone sooner. I'd definitely recommend this book and I'm looking forward to starting the next. Well worthy of the five stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Disturbing yet truly engrossing, 21 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
This is the first Malmborg book I've read and it didn't disappoint. The story is gritting, darkly and grim yet when I got half way through the book I couldn't put it down and finished it the same night. Not one for those easily disturbed but worth a read. The only issue I had was there are various typos throughout but if you ignore them for the story you'll be engrossed in the pages trying to reach the end of a good suspense. A recommended read!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
I found it hard to put down so it interrupted my sleep pattern. I was up until all hours reading it so if you need your 8 hours sleep don't start this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
A very gripping, interesting read, an insight into the mind of a psychopath! I Couldn't put it down, very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it., 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
This book is a bit extreme and I was at times wondering what's going on in the author's head. It was a really enjoyable book though, really good believable characters and a great story. I will definitely look out from more books by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read ..., 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book. Great storyline got me hooked right from the start. Can't wait to read others by the author!

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed this......, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jimmy (Kindle Edition)
......although I didn't think I would. Some of the content was a bit hard to stomach for me and I felt bad for feeling sorry for the "villain" in the end.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Jimmy
Jimmy by William Malmborg (Paperback - 8 May 2013)
Used & New from: 54.88