• Jimmy

Format: Paperback|Change

on 6 February 2012
This is quite a shocking and disturbing read at times but despite this it is still a page turner. Jimmy Hawthorne, is a bit of a loner. He decides to live out his fantasies by kidnapping 2 fellow high school girls who he then holds as prisoners in a secret underground fallout shelter. You do wonder where it is all going to end and the descriptions of violence and torture are quite detailed but I think they are necessary for the story. I like the fact that we get to see both sides of Jimmy - his "good" side, the relationship with his family, especially his brother and the start of his first romance. However this is soon replaced by the "evil" side and the pain and torture he inflicts on the 2 girls. Great ending - totally surprised me and left me thinking! A good read if you like this kind of story but not for the easily offended.

I have just realised that I have another of this author's books (Text Message) on my Kindle, and if "Jimmy" is anything to go by I should be in for another good read.
on 18 March 2012
Read a review before I bought the book, and it said 'not for the faint hearted'. Obviously, I completely ignored this as I have read a lot of thrillers, and haven't been particularly shocked by any of them. This however was slightly different!
It had me feeling sympathy for Jimmy at times, which was at odds with the other feelings I felt towards him. A real page turner of a book, although at times, I had to actually put it down, and walk away as it made me feel physically sick in places. I suppose that is down to really good writing, and an almost different perspective that meant I felt totally caught up in it.
As that other review said, it's certainly not for the faint hearted, but definitely one for you if you like a really good read.
on 22 February 2012
A great read for horror lovers, this author has all the qualies to shock and keep the story suspense flowing, very highly recommended !! Also try the book text message from the same author William Malmborg, equally of high quality.
on 29 March 2012
I really enjoyed this kindle book, it was so gripping and thought provoking. It is not as graphic or offensive as some people would let you believe (or maybe i have a strong stomach). You quickly warm to the characters of the girls and Jimmy's younger brother and you desperatly want Jimmy to pick on the wrong person and get his punishment.
The only negative of this book was its ending, unfortunately i found it quite predictable, whcih was such a shame.
Great read at a great price by a great author well done!!!!!
on 15 October 2013
There are two disturbing stories that I've come across that have stayed with me after I've finished: the film, Eden Lake, and this book.

The story is about high school teen, Jimmy, who is a bit of an outsider. He kidnaps two girls and keeps them locked away in a hidden converted storm shelter. William Malmborg describes in detail exactly what Jimmy does to the girls for his own sick pleasure while he's holding them. I cringed with disgust and horror at times whilst reading.

What I really liked about this book was that it didn't just focus on Jimmy, but almost told the story from the perspective of other characters - his brother, girlfriend, high school bullies and the kidnapped girls. Because of this it was possible to see different sides to Jimmy and not just the sick, twisted, perverted side of him.

I managed to get this when it was free on Amazon but definitely would have paid for it, and will definitely look for more from this author.
on 23 March 2013
This story knocked my socks off! It tells the story of Jimmy Hawthorne, whose fetishes revolve around bondage. He takes this a step further by acting out his fantasies. Am not going to ruin the storyline, but suffice to say if you're not happy with reading about extreme acts of fictional violence, then stay away from this book. If you like your books brutal and graphic, then you can't go wrong with this. The suspense throughout the book is palpable and the author does an exceptional job of character development. I can't fault this book. It was well constructed and beautifully presented. One particular scene I would like to mention is the fingernail scene. (You will know what I'm talking about when you reach this part!). I was physically squirming whilst reading this; it was horrific! This scene will stay imprinted on my mind for a long time, and if a book does that to the reader then in my opinion it's done its job. An excellent read, but not for the faint-hearted.
on 17 March 2012
I saw this book on offer for the kindle and never even really read the description I thought I will give it a go. From the moment I read the first page I was hooked . You could empathise with Jimmy and his daily life and all that being a teenager entails and then there were his dark fantasies. A expertly written story that will keep you hooked till the very end. I'm so glad I read this will purchase more from this author.
on 20 April 2012
I really liked this book because it didn't shy away from the views of the sadistic killer and the whys to a person's needs and feelings. I gave if five stars because the Author was really brave and he didn't hold back.

Have just purchased TEXT MESSAGE and will read it very soon.

Will always keep a look out for W. Malmborg.
on 31 January 2013
I expected more from this novel, the concept was good I just don't think it was executed very well.

The story was a bit boring and repetitive in parts and I found it very difficult to believe that despite the whole town knowing about the old abandoned Hood house, when one girl goes missing, then two, that the police didn't think to search the place.

None of the characters are particularly memorable or likeable apart from possibly Jimmy's younger brother, and I don't think the kidnapped girls where actually in the story enough for you to start to really 'care' for them, despite their circumstances being pretty horrific.

Predicable outcome and disappointing story in general.
on 9 September 2012
Read other reviews and wanted to see what the fuss was about. Can agree with nearly all of them. It is a book that pushes boundaries and has you feeling for Jimmy even although you know you shouldn't. This is because it shows Jimmy to be, in many ways, just a normal person, with a normal life even although he is obviously a very disturbed young man. Well written and disturbing although there are many errors in the text - annoying. Nevertheless, we have an author here with something to offer the general public.