Format: Paperback|Change

on 19 March 2013
Unlike other forms of art - tangles can be shaded in more than one way. In fact a picture can be shaded in many different ways which means you could end up with a totally different looking picture depending on what you do. This book not only shows the different ways but gives you the chance to try your hand. The images used aren't all by the same artist which allows the author to give advice on a wider basis. In my experience tangles aren't complete without shading - it really does 'lift' the tangle from being a mere doodle into a work of art.
on 30 April 2013
I found this book full of information, and new ideas, I like the way she shares her thoughts on how and why, as she draws the designs. It is as if you are in her studio and she is talking to you. one to one, and showing you how to turn yout tangle into a work of art. The book is full of designs,and lessons. I look through chapter 6. shading playground, time and time again.for inspiration. when I am stuck with an empty shape, that needs that extra touch, I would reccomend this book,especially for those that are progressing from a beginner,and want to go a lot further.
on 27 February 2013
I don't do many reviews, only when a book has really impressed me. Having only just started 'Zentangling' I've bought a few books on it and then saw this one. This is a fantastic book which shows you how to really bring your tangling to life...
An essential to your new art form!
on 6 April 2013
This book completes my collection of zentangle books. I have the basic one, zentangles 4 which has ideas on colouring and now this one expands things further by very clearly showing how you can improve your zentangle pictures with shading - it certainly makes a huge difference and I feel confident to have a go at more intricate pictures now.
on 11 April 2013
I FOUND THIS BOOK VERY VERY GOOD . IT GIVES EXCELLENT INSTRUCTIONS FOR SHADING AND SOME BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLES TO GIVE YOU INSPIRATION
on 28 July 2013
I bought this book as quite a newbie to Zentangle, and although it is not really a beginners book, as some of the stuff in it is quite advanced! it inspires me to try harder & be more adventurous with my patterns. Lovely book.
on 10 June 2013
I`ve just received the book and can`t wait starting shading. The book gives me a lot of inspiration, but most of all it explains very well how to shade zentangles. It leads me step by step into the amazing world of shading zentangles and gives me a lot of tips and exercises. Just great!! The book is more than I expected.
on 22 January 2014
Quite a lot is covered in this book of 6 chapters, and it takes you from the basics of shading through to exercises to shade some tangles provided and a glossary at the end. With clear explanations and plenty of illustrations this is, as the title states, a workbook, which is useful if you don't go to a class and prefer a structured approach to learning - it's like having your own personal 24/7 tutor on hand! Simply follow the workbook through from the beginning to end. Some of the techniques are useful if you like painting and art too. Excellent.
on 31 May 2013
I have been doing Zentangles for a few years and felt curious about the shadowing techniques to improve some of my own designs. However, the printing on the pages is really bad, with some of the images appearing almost blurred, which doesn't help when you're looking at the intricate design. Some pages have ink stains. The Zentangles shown in the book belong to different artists and the quality of their work varies greatly, some of it being quite poor. With reference to the shadowing techniques, I didn't find anything that I couldn't have learned from a general drawing book. There are books on Zentangle which I have found inspiring but I'm afraid this was not one of them.
on 23 June 2015
just what I was looking for.. an "easy-peasy-to-understand" book about shading, which I found really difficult.
Just love it!! Authors writes, that it is not a beginners book - she is right, it is not, but you will not need to be a very experienced Dangler/Tangler to make use of the instructions.