5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous start for a new series!!
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 stars - I loved it!!!

Published 15 months ago by Casie L

3.0 out of 5 stars Demons in New York
I enjoyed this book, I think that is one of the most important things I have to state. A demon turf war in New York, with a hot and mysterious hero, and a young woman caught in the middle - it's a fantastic idea and I was caught up completely.

Published 14 months ago by Miss K Marsden

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous start for a new series!!, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Obsidian Souls: 1 (Soul Series) (Paperback)
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 stars - I loved it!!!

This book kept me up last night because I couldn't go to sleep without knowing what would happen to Alexandria and Caden. I had things to do during the day that kept me from reading, so I stayed up until 4am to finish it. The journey with Alexandria was wonderful. You felt like you were right there while she learned about things she never knew existed. The author had some wonderful humor and sarcasm that had me laughing out loud and my son asking what was so funny. I can't imagine how it would be to have your whole world turned upside down, but I don't think I'd mind if I had my own Caden. I love the world Donna has created, and I cannot wait for the next in the series. I wonder if it will be about Alexandria or some of the other guys like Mike or Alex and I hope it isn't long :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning this is addictive and fantastic!, 10 Feb 2013
This review is from: Obsidian Souls: 1 (Soul Series) (Paperback)
Absolutely fantastic book, oh my god this is a very addictive read and I can see this being the next BIG thing and I am privileged to have been able to review it.

It's got all the ingredients for Paranormal Romance with a side of stubbornness, conflict & fighting, humour, mystery and sexual tension. It's very well written and very easy to read that you will not want to put this book down.

The lead characters Caden and Lex are instantly likeable and I love Jack, he made me laugh too!

The story introduces you to Lex a twenty-something living in New York as a Botanist. After meeting with friends at a bar, Lex is attacked outside and Caden, the owner comes to her rescue and life as Lex knew will never be the same again.

Caden isn't human and the man who attacked Lex isn't either. Sensing something about Lex makes her curiously appealing to both men and now she is in the middle of a tug of war over power.

Not being able to go home, back to her work or meet her friends and family, for fear of bringing harm to them, Lex is in turmoil and on the edge of a breakdown. The police won't help her and all she has is the arrogant man with little answers to help her, because outside the bar, she will be taken by the psychopath who attacked her and his men and Lex doesn't know why, what it is about her they want and no one will give her answers.

Lex is a mystery and no one seems to know what she is and the pages that drag you into the book keep you addicted to find out for ourselves what she might be and keep us guessing.
You feel the emotions of Lex and the writing style is brilliant, which makes the story more believable and gripping.

I am so pleased that there is another book `Pieces of the Soul' which looks to be coming out November 2013 and I for one am so excited and am already impatient at the wait ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 4 Jan 2013
Very well structured, good story line, wasn't bombarded or overwhelmed by too much going on. The characters were very likeable and was disappointed that the next book hasn't been released yet. But will be keeping a look out!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 5 Aug 2013
Really enjoyed this book it was well written and an easy read. Characters are fab. This is a unique story giving a new twist to demons. Definitely one to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 23 July 2013
Bought on a whim but absolutely loved it. Nothing more to say! Just buy it and you'll know. I can't wait for the next one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good start to series, 18 July 2013
This is a book that you have to perceiver with, which can be hard, but in this case its well worth it. The start of the book is quite slow, however, don't give up as I nearly did, once it get's going it is fast paced and witty. There is a new and refreshing take on demons and fallen angels which make this a series to watch in the future. If the next book is anything like this one turned out to be it would deserve a five star, it is only the beginning of this book that lets it down.

3.0 out of 5 stars Demons in New York, 22 April 2013

But I was frustrated on so many points. It's written in a first person account, which is fine. Then there was the initial switch of POV from Lex to Caden, and back again, in the first few chapters that caught me by surprise. For a moment I thought the whole book would be written like that, and I was intrigued to see how it would work - but it never occurred again! Which actually, I thought was a shame. There were parts when Lex wasn't fully aware of what was going on (e.g. when drugged), and the story become blurry too, I couldn't help but feel that seeing how Caden rescued her from his point of view would have been so much better. And it would have been a great addition to have snippets of what Caden got up to away from the bar.

Then there was the Us vs. Them that was the conflict in the book. I was just confused. Apart from the fact that Carl tried to beat or rape Lex every time they met, and that the rest of his side were shady bad guys; there was no point where I actually felt it was explained who they were or why they were against Caden.
After getting half-way through the book and having no more explanation than Us and Them, I decided to treat it like a demonic turf war (I hope I came to the right conclusion!), and keeping that it mind it made a little more sense from them on.

I also got frustrated with Lex. I wanted to shout at her to snap out of her complacency! Especially when she started acting particularly childish, or being so concerned with her "cutest reconnaissance outfit".
Caden I can't fault. He stays true to his character, and his secrets are slowly revealed through the book.
But my favourite character by far is Mike. He is bloody brilliant, and I hope to see more of him in the rest of the series!
As for Jack and Frank, at first I found the casualness of them quite jarring, but by the end of the book I actually enjoyed Augustine's take on these figures!

Obsidian Souls: 1 (Soul Series)
Obsidian Souls: 1 (Soul Series) by Donna Augustine (Paperback - 2 Dec 2012)
Out of stock