on 7 December 2012
I wanted to learn how to develop my WordPress site, and this seemed like a promising book: the first two reviews I saw were pretty good (I ordered before Mark Gorman's review above).

I have nothing against self-published books per se, but they say "you can't judge a book by its cover" and that's literally true here, as the cover is thoroughly professional. The book itself is sparse - its layout is rudimentary, the font size is relatively large and the line spacing is set to 1.5 to bulk out the pages. The inclusion of tips from well-known bloggers and e-commerce entrepreneurs is a good idea, but simply cutting and pasting their emails complete with grammar and spelling mistakes rather spoils the effect.

Indeed, the author apologises in advance for grammar and spelling errors, which he really shouldn't have to do (errors include "monazite" for monetize and "loose site" for "lose sight".

My gripe is not just that the text hasn't been proofread, it's that it's simply not especially useful. The author clearly knows something about WordPress but this book doesn't do him any credit - it's more like a random set of hints and tips than a remotely comprehensive guide.

I wish the author well, but I'd respectfully suggest that he should hire an editor and work on distilling his know-how into something less amateur.

I've returned the book to Amazon and will try and find a more useful resource on the subject.
on 3 June 2013
I thought that this would give the guide and instructions on how to use Wordpress but it didn't help me one bit. Was better off just experimenting myself and if got stuck just search on Google for answers
on 13 January 2013
Short. Conscise. Really easy to follow. Explains the foundations of wordpress and provides a great platform for you to go away and enjoy experimenting with WP.
on 25 February 2013
A good book and read that offers relevant and useful information on how to achieve what one wishes with configuring a Wordpress based website.
This will enable you to get a meaningful website up an running that wil look good and function well.
However, as with all guides, they cannot give you experience and are less useful in helping with a one-off and more advanced website where there are a lot of backend processes. One also needs to consider the issue of security for websites as this is increasingly important especially if your site is popular, important, commercial in nature etc.

Still a great book with a great author that offers real practical help and can point you in the right direction for more advanced aspects of the software.
on 5 June 2013
only buy this book if really dont even know what WP is as this is an extremely basic book more about what others use WP for than how to configure your own site on a WP platform
on 24 March 2013
Dull, and lacking substance. It fails to reveal anything coherent at all. It starts with lots of self advertising then tails off into boredom.
on 26 March 2013
I thought the book would have gone into more detail and in fact when itv arrived was better described as a booklet with large type
on 12 November 2013
This book is less about how to use WordPress than how to build a website that will make money. It's an easy read and has lots of interesting interviews with people who have built successful websites. There are lots of books that tell you how to write code: this will help you build an online business.
on 20 August 2012
This is must, No matter what level you are as a Wordpress user.
Though I would say that it is based more towards the beginner to intermediate, But for the price its a no brainer. I found it on theonlineincomeresource dot net
Matt Wolfe the creator of The Wordpress Classroom has created a great book that will definitely get you on your way and stay with you as a handy resource for the future.
I have been into WordPress for a while, and sometimes I forget some of the obvious things, so this book is a great reminder and a great starting point for any one.
It really doesn't matter if your the techy sort or the PC dummy.
This is a must have resource.
Great book 5 stars from me

Eddy
on 16 December 2012
Together with Wordpress 24 Hour trainer, this book has got me up and running in a matter of a few days and have developed my own website to practice on as well as allowing me to maintain and develop the Golf Club website.