5.0 out of 5 stars honoring this fantastic author!, 28 July 2014
This review is from: Razing Kayne: 1 (Walking A Thin Blue Line) (Paperback)
Oh my what an amazing book! talk about adrenalin flowing, this was a great read, just found out that there are two more in the series, guess I will have to go get em!

I couldn't put this book down, I loved the twists in this story, and in the last few chapters when it all seemed to unravel, my adrenalin was pumping so fast around my body! I had to go and make a cup of tea, needless to say it went straight back up once I started reading again! I loved Jess and Kayne’s internal fights with themselves, so desperately didn't want what happened, but am so glad that they did!

I loved little Gracie and knew fairly early on where the plot was headed! OMG even though I could see it coming, it still had my heart beating so hard in my chest!

Cant wait for the follow ups, hopefully we will still get to hear about this incredible family.

I just realised that I had not left a review on Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, one heck of a read!, 13 Mar 2013
Wow this was one heck of a book - absolutely loved it and was hooked from the brilliant prologue and did not put it down till the very last page.

A truly fantastic book and I am eargerly (and very impatiently!!) waiting for book 2.

5 huge big stars from me

5.0 out of 5 stars sucks you in..., 14 July 2014
janey (london, england) - See all my reviews
What can I say?, this is a beautiful book about love, loss and redemption, Kayne and Jess the bravest of couples overcoming incomprehensible sadness to hopefully have a life together. Kayne was just a beautiful honourable man who would do anything for those he loved, after the death of his children he seeks out a new life, he meets Jess who totally turns his world around and her children make him start to feel again. however life has never been easy for them both and outside (evil forces)conspire against them, there are so many twists to this story and you honestly don't know where it's going to go. So many revelations, vendettas, truths finally told that you actually pray for it to all end well. No spoilers here so I'm not going to say, however it's saddens me to know that Julieanne Reeves the author is no longer with us, there were so many more books that could have come from this one it's a so sad to hear we won't get to read more of her beautiful writing. x

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Story, 1 July 2014
I really enjoyed this book, it was heartbreaking right in the beginning but then turned into Joy and loads of love, the joy of adopting as well...every child deserves to be loved....And what a Super Mom she was. It would be amazing to be just like her...

5.0 out of 5 stars Razing Jayne, 27 Jun 2014
Fantastic book could not put it down till I had read it all, will look for more books you have written x

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty going on, 27 Jun 2014
Plenty of plot, pretty gritty plot at times too. Lots of likeable characters, plus several really promising secondary characters being set up for their own books too, without stopping this book from having its own proper conclusion.

I read that, sadly, Julianne Reeves died unexpectedly, this is a tragedy for her family. Further to the personal loss they have suffered, it is sad that she won't get to tell anymore of her stories, she was very good at it, and she clearly had many more ideas fermenting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Complex, dark, heartwarming and brilliant, 24 Jun 2014
Like many others, I discovered this book when I learned of the author's sudden death in her sleep, leaving two young children and a husband behind. I think it's a testament to both our book community and to her skill and warmth that a great number of people chose to push her book up the charts, both in tribute to her and in order to build some sort of legacy for those she left behind. I had never heard of her, but I read the story, downloaded the book and passed the link on so that others could help.

I would urge you to do the same, not just because it's a nice thing to do and we've lost one of our own, but because it's actually a really bloody good book. Although I'd seen the good reviews and thought the storyline sounded excellent, I think I was taken by surprise by how much I actually enjoyed it.

I give 5* to this book.

It's very much a story of two parts. In the beginning we meet the characters - Kayne and Jess. Both of them suffered a tragic event two years previously. Kayne, a Police officer, came home from work just in time to see his wife kill herself. Two of his children lie dead on the bathroom floor, drowned. The third is nowhere to be found. Believing his wife to be the murderer and having himself suffered intense scrutiny and suspicion, since she shot herself with his service weapon, he ends up leaving town to move to the mountains.

There we meet Jess. Her husband was a firefighter who lost his life in the line of duty when a vehicle exploded as he was trying to save a baby girl. She adopted that baby girl, along with the other adopted children she already had, and is living as a single mum.

When Jess and Kayne meet during a routine traffic stop, the sparks fly and they are incredibly attracted to each other until it seems that fate has a bonus card to play that will either bring them together or destroy them forever.

The second half of the book sees the past unravelling and you learn that actually not all is as it seems. It becomes a story about the meaning of family, about the lengths to which you would go to save the people you love and the value of forgiveness.

I wholeheartedly and without reservation adored this book. It has its faults - the turning point of the story is a coincidence that's just too convenient to be possible and the solution the judge imposes probably isn't legal anywhere - but you tell yourself that sometimes the one in a billion chance pans out and you get right back on board with the story.

The strength of the book is in its characters. I just loved Kayne - he's possibly my new number 1 book boyfriend. He's cocky and funny at the same time as being so vulnerable. He's an all round decent guy that does the best he can with what he has and loves the people in his heart with a fierceness that was just emotional and beautiful to read.

Jess is a fascinating character too. She has so many personal demons. At first you think that her husband was something of a hero and then you realise that actually he was a domineering, unpleasant and unfaithful rat who left her with some serious emotional scars and damaged self esteem. Her attraction to Kayne tears her in two. She's convinced she's not good enough for him, but she wants him almost as much as she doesn't want him moving in on her family because then they'll all be hurt when the 'inevitable' happens and he realises she's not good enough for him.

Add in some great supporting characters - the great team of Del, Rafe and Trace, along with the superbly creepy and possessive Cody - and several flashes of humour that actually did make me laugh out loud and you have something really quite special.

It doesn't even stop there. So many times lately I've read books that have one-dimensional, one track plots. Not so with this one. It's a complex story of many twists and turns. There were a few that caught me totally by surprise. The darkness that follows them is born a generation back but it tangles up so many threads in its tentacles, from across the lives of all the characters. I think the detail helped here too - I gather that Reeves used to work as a Police dispatcher, and it shows. The knowledge is clearly there and it gives it a depth of realism that's essential.

Her style of writing is great too. I got totally absorbed and read the whole thing in two sittings. It was easy to get wrapped up in the lives of this unconventional family and I was very emotionally invested in them.

Overall, I'm feeling an almost unbearable sadness that we'll never read any more books by this author. She had an amazing talent and it feels like a bright spark has been snuffed out. It's a crying shame.

4.0 out of 5 stars OH WOW!!! 4.5 stars, 23 Jun 2014
This is the 1st book I have read from this author, but it certainly won't be the last. It had everything in it. Hot man. Sexy scenes. Murder. Suspense. Emotional scenes and also laughs. I loved it. I really loved Kayne and Jess was a very loveable character too. My only problem with thus book was down to editing. On 2 occasions the wrong name was used and could've been confusing if I hadn't realised. Once around page 80 and also near the end somewhere. That is the only reason I'd take half a star off. Brilliant book!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read!, 22 Jun 2014
I loved this book, it's such a shame that the author is no longer with us. Her writing is exciting and thrilling and I recommend this book for anyone who likes his genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 16 Jun 2014
Amazing couldnt put it down one of the best books ive read in a long long while must read shame we wont read more by this talented author prayer to her family x

Razing Kayne: 1 (Walking A Thin Blue Line)
Razing Kayne: 1 (Walking A Thin Blue Line) by Julieanne Reeves (Paperback - 30 Nov 2012)
4.42