5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant follow up, 19 Jun. 2014
Fun, Original, Entertaining, Fiction at its best! I have to admit that when I fist started this novel I had that sinking feeling that their was just no way it could live up to "Oath of the shifters". Oh how wrong can I get?!! I think if possible I enjoyed this even more than the first novel. Both are incredible and the absolute best paranormal series I have EVER read, but the second grows from the events of the first novel and although many years have elapsed, the reader does not feel left behind, so it gives this book every ounce of adventure and passion as it's predecessor and adds to it! Valerie Zambito has done a remarkable job with character and plot development. Much like the first book, "Oath of the Mage gets your attention right from the very first paragraph and does an impeccable job at hold your interest and curiosities all of the way through! I literally could not put it down, in fact I took it all on so quickly in the first read I immediately read it a second time through just to make sure I caught every detail and it did not become one of those books that slowly become a distant memory, just a name, because you read them too quickly (Although I honestly don't think I could EVER forget this or even the first novel!) This book does an excellent job of catching us up on what has occurred from the time of the Demon War up through this novel without using chapters of detail that drag out. In stead it carefully highlights pieces of the past through out the story. There is no doubt that it captures your attention and leaves you not in need for anything more, but defiantly wanting to know more of the lives of the Savitars and the people of Massa. An incredible second novel and one that could be read as a stand alone (although the history of the characters and struggles they have faced defiantly add more depth and meaning to the story!! The author does such an amazing job with explaining events and the island that even a new to the series reader could not get lost! There is even a map of the island included at the beginning which I think is great for tracking the journeys of the characters as you go! The details of their surroundings are so incredible it feels like you could be walking through Haventhal, Sandori Sands, or the Puu rainforest right along with everyone!

I can't wait to get started on book 3!!

I would strongly recommend these novels to ANYONE who enjoys magic, paranormal, good fiction, or just an adventurous read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome story, 16 April 2014
Awesome story will keep you rooted till the end ...
I would recommend this book can't wait to download book three

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 23 Feb. 2014
Great writing, lots of adventure and neat plot twists. A different kind of fantasy book to what I normally read but I'd recommend this series to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars great reading, 29 Jan. 2014
I am big fan of Raymond E Feist and these are very similar in as much as it is a world of magic and hand held weaponry so no modern warfare. but these story's are shorter and faster passed from the out set

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Series, 11 Nov. 2013
I enjoyed all of the books in this series. Characters where slightly different from normal. Would like to read more of these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill !!!!!!!!!!!, 19 Sept. 2013
Jeffrey W. Turner (Wales) - See all my reviews
Got hooked straight away with the first book and it just gets better !! don`t want to put it down!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 5 Sept. 2013
again fantastic story line maintained from 1st book, unpredictable story makes gripping read and hard to put down when reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sequel, 17 Jan. 2013
After reading the first book, I was hooked on this universe. Second book delivered the same captivating story
Look forward to read the next book

4.0 out of 5 stars not lord of the rings, but a very good read, 21 Nov. 2014
enjoyed the first book which was free, then bought the second book and enjoyed that too. I am now on the third book and it is living up to the first two. really enjoying the series so far.

Island Shifters: An Oath of the Mage: 2
Island Shifters: An Oath of the Mage: 2 by Valerie Zambito (Paperback - 28 Mar. 2012)