5.0 out of 5 stars Results say it all...
Published on 30 Jun. 2011 by Jason

3.0 out of 5 stars A great read but not a great golf guide
An entertaining read which should take you about 1 hour to read and understand. It breakes the swing down into 3 easy to remember parts and assumes you know the fundamentals of the grip, stance, posture and swing plane. If you dont know these do not buy this book but have some lessons so you understand the basics.

If your head is full of swing thoughts and you...
Published on 3 Feb. 2011 by Nickrroo

5.0 out of 5 stars Results say it all..., 30 Jun. 2011
Like many others, I've read widely on the subject of how to play better golf - CONSISTENTLY - and have always found things either to be too simple to make much difference or too complicated to be easily repeatable. Although the title appeared cheesy, I was convinced by the review written by the single figure handicapper - downloaded it at the end of April before a flight abroad and was actually disappointed that I'd finished it in about an hour - perhaps I was expecting War and Peace for my £3.51??!!

Once I'd realised that this was close to the most stupid way to rate a book, I took the principles of creating the connection with the upper arms and creating lag onto the course. I am a very long hitter but my accuracy has always been awful - the techniques I employed after reading the book have made my shots marginally longer (useful but not necessary) but have transformed my driving! From 4/14 fairways hit on an average round to almost hitting them all and no loss of distance - a total revelation! My golfing partners noticed the difference immediately and commented that I was swinging more smoothly and getting great results. I've recommended it to them and I wholeheartedly recommend this book to you.

It's short, to the point, with pretty straightforward language and thus easy to understand and take onto the course. I'm a natural sceptic but I'm totally convinced. For the price of a Pro v1 ball (ok a little more) it will be the best investment in your golfing game you will make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Golf Instruction at it's simplest and very best!, 20 Jan. 2011
I was recommended this book by my father who is a high handicapper. I play off 2 in the UK and was skeptical that I would learn anything from it having, like the author, read several books on the golf swing from Leadbetter to Hogan. How wrong I was! I was aware that most amatuer golfers struggled to produce any form of lag which seriously reduces their chances to hit the ball consistently well. I have tried to work on this for years but have never been able to find a drill simple enough to get the proper lag feeling. This book has solved this problem and it is so incredibly simple, you will not believe it! This is without doubt the best golf instruction book I have ever read. I have increased my driving distance and improved my ball striking more than I thought was possible after having played the game for almost 25 years. Having a young family I have less time to practise but the drills set out in the book have made this possible without having to go to the range or course. I cannot recommend this book enough. Get it, you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 turns and a swish, 18 April 2012
This review is from: FINALLY: THE GOLF SWING'S SIMPLE SECRET - A revolutionary method proved for the weekend golfer to significantly improve distance and accuracy from day one (Paperback)
I've been playing off 11 for years, mainly on the back of a good short game and good course management, my ball striking has been poor, mainly resulting in a very low ball flight, i knew something was wrong but nothing i tried really worked.

Out of desperation i turned to this book, it was so cheap i had nothing to lose.

I had been noticing around this time that all the pro's i had been watching on TV were turning there shoulders on a much steeper plane than myself and most amatuers I observed.

As soon as i read the main backswing move was turning the left shoulder down allowing the right shoulder to 'go high' i thought we were onto something.

I digested the book and took it to the course, things were encouraging, i felt great about the backswing position but i felt that something wasnt working in the downswing. I thought about this and realised the suggested downswing 'trigger' didnt really work for me. I thought about this and decided to just reverse the backswing move.

So if the backswing was left shoulder down, right shoulder up my downswing 'thought' was right shoulder down, left shoulder up.

Bingo.

Solid impact, big fat divot, soaring high ball flight. hitting the ball with the 5th and 6th 'groove' instead of the 2nd or third.

Playing to my handicap comfortably whilst still working this in.

Its really, beautifully simple, i dont even think about my arms or hands in the swing, just turning my shoulders.

Still to work on grip pressure and shaping the ball but really happy i'm on the right track.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Golfing Epiphany, 11 Oct. 2010
Patrick Smith "Questor" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
Like many golfing hackers I have read many books and watched many Dvds on various aspects of the game. This one did more for me than all the rest put together. In a simple and straight forward manner he shone the bright light of knowledge into the deep dark bunker of my golfing ignorance. Previously I stumbled about in darkness; now I am walking in sunshine and when I stride down the fairway it's a long walk to my second shot. This book has enabled me to add significant distance and accuracy to my drives and more importantly it has hugely increased my enjoyment of my weekend game. This is one book that I shall recommend to all my chums and I am very happy to endorse this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars simplicity, 1 Aug. 2011
Mr. Graham Oates "graham oates" (bradford. uk) - See all my reviews
I was pleasantly surprised to find that with this authors suggestions the changes to better golf didn't mean changing virtually every part of your golf swing. I went out and tried his method and could not believe how straight and long I hit almost every iron shot off the fairway. I couldn't wait for the next round of golf. I don't hit every shot like I did that time but a big percentage go straight and long. I've read loads of books and watched dvds but this is by far the most impressive read of them all. I would certainly recommend this book to anyone wanting to improve his game in a fairly simple manner.
graham Oates

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked a treat for me, 29 Mar. 2013
C. Bull "Bullos34" (UK) - See all my reviews
Bought the book on kindle, read it a couple of times (it's not particularly long), and took the advice out for a spin on the range.

Like most change in the golf swing it didn't feel comfortable, I guess if it did I probably wasn't doing it right. Anyhow, after a couple of buckets of balls I was starting to come to terms with what the author was trying to get across, albeit I was thinning it a fair bit.

It wasn't till I got to play a round at my club where it finally clicked and I started to feel lag in my golf swing, probably for the first time - btw it feels incredible!

I'm a steady golfer, i play off 14 and I have had plenty of lessons and read a lot about the golf swing. It's probably in my nature to tinker and have too many things going on in my head when I play. That's probably this books strongest point, it's simple and only tries to convey a few points - backed up with some good drills to enforce the feel of what he is trying to explain.

Give it a go, for £3 it's definitely worth a try - and he is donating some of the proceeds to charity too.

Note for the author - when is your short game book coming out!!

3.0 out of 5 stars A great read but not a great golf guide, 3 Feb. 2011

If your head is full of swing thoughts and you lack a clear head and focus when addressing the ball this book may be of use. It didnt work for me in the way i hoped but it did make parts of the swing clearer to understand. Not a golf revolution by any means but an entertaining addition to your growing golf knowledge and understanding.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is no panacea for good golf - but this helped me a lot., 13 Feb. 2012
I can't even remember why I bought this book - I think I had just purchased the Kindle and I was looking for some non-fiction to read on my daily train commute. I've been an avid / obsessive golfer for around fifteen years and for the last 10 or so my handicap has hovered between 12 and 14. The problem has always been one of consistency:- on a really good day, when everything clicked I could knock it round the course in 6 or 7 over and wonder what was so hard about this game. On a bad day, I felt like the golf club in my hand was an alien object and getting it round in the low 90s was a struggle.
The reason I loved this book, was because it chimed with the positive sensations that I associated with hitting the ball solidly and having one of those rare good days. The sensation of the arms being connected to the body and operating as a single unit powered by a simple turn of the shoulders was something that immediately made sense. The other thing that the book advocates, and which has made a world of difference to the quality and consistency of my ball striking, is the use of an extremely light grip. Just by doing this, my hands are working so much more effectively, generating additional clubhead speed through impact and therefore more distance - with all of my clubs.
I am not going to tell you that applying these principles will turn you from a hacker to a single figure player overnight. Anything that claims to be able to do that is mischievously misleading. I was playing off 13 when I bought this book 10 months ago and I am now off 10.5 - so no panaceas or miracle cures here. However, for me (and I can only speak for myself) the consistent application of the principles in this book has dramatically improved the quality and consistency of my ball striking. For example, I have now largely eradicated the destructive pull-hook off the tee that was previously wrecking a couple of holes per round. For the first time, I genuinely feel that I can take my golf game to where I want it to be because I now feel as if I have SOME of the tools to achieve this. By that, I mean that I now don't have to worry about my game off the tee, or my mid irons, or my wedges. I won't profess to be striking the ball like Ben Hogan or Tiger of old - but they say successful golf is about having 'good misses'. I am now hitting the ball broadly how I want to, or if not, my misses are far less costly than they used to be.
Another thing that I really liked about the instruction in this book was its simplicity. It tells you what to do and how to do it, in straightforward language and clear illustrations. Nothing too fancy or overly technical - you won't need to worry about supinating or pronating here.
I have emphasised that successfully applying the principles in this book will only give you SOME of the tools to take your game to where you want it. It is important to hit the ball cleanly most of the time but it is VITAL to (a) have a good short game - on the green and from 50 yards out; and (b) to have a solid mental game - good thinking on the course is worth several shots per round (but that's another subject for another review).
If you like your golf instruction to be simple and not too technical, and you need to improve your game from tee to green, I can highly recommend this book. I should add that if you are already a mid/low single figure golfer and content with quality of your ball striking, this probably isn't the book for you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a read, 2 July 2011
I've been playing golf now for 40 years and in that time I've evolved my own ideas about the golf swing. My swing has changed from very upright to a flatter plane, and I now hit the ball better than I ever hit it in my youth. I'm using more of a one plane swing which basically means bending over more at address and rotating your left shoulder down and your right shoulder up on the backswing and reversing this process on the downswing - and using the big muscles to square up the clubface, not the hands. There is a very good description of the ideal backswing process in 'The Golf Swing's Simple Secret', I'm less convinced of his downswing secret but overall it is well worth a read. Jim Hardy's book 'The One Plane Swing' is required reading also for anyone like me who finds this technique useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good & easy-to-read book for weekend golfer, 22 Sept. 2011
Good book for every weekend golfer, excellent digest of various great golf books. It could be very much revolutionary for weekend golfer who doesnt have too much time/interest to practise - this book provides nice memo of key things for reliable swing; do-at-least-these and you'll improve.

Personally, this book provided _very_clear_explanation_ of creating lag and how to practise it, that part was very helpful.

To summarize: for bit-bookaholic-golfer, like myself, who's already familiar with Ben Hogan's Fundamentals and some other cornerstones, this isnt that much revolutionary - some tips I was familiar already & I have been implementing them. And yes, they improved my game - so if you want save some of your time, read this compact book. You'll notice the difference.