4.0 out of 5 stars The Core Values are what counts.
I found this "Kindle" book interesting!

I think this was because I am familiar with Vicky from the hit series *THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ORANGE COUNTY*
Published on 6 Feb. 2012 by D. H

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read
More a book on how to live your life rather than the razzmatazz of life in Orange County. Not quite what I expected.
Published on 24 Dec. 2012 by Nel

4.0 out of 5 stars The Core Values are what counts., 6 Feb. 2012
D. H (Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More Than a Housewife (Paperback)
I found this "Kindle" book interesting!

I, at first found this bunch of women some of which to be arrogant, LAZILY money orientated, self-centred, clueless of reality, pathetically childish and last but not least fickle. I also found it interesting and I was completely drawn in. Vicky's work ethics and core values leading to success being my main draw. The drama was pretty funny too. But when I saw this book, I thought I would like to learn more.

Firstly: This is NOT a great business book. You will not learn about business (insurance or the like), or how to create stat sheets, or even how to sell yourself.
This book is not a Rich Dad Poor Dad book where the focus is on your money working for you as opposed to you working for your money. It's not a get rich quick with little effort sort of book. I would say IT IS a work ethics book it's a story of a journey to success, don't get me wrong she has some great tips but the Message is: YOU CAN ACHIEVE ANYTHING IF YOU WORK HARD and LONG ENOUGH! She teaches work ethics count! and don't expect others to work as hard or as long as you! incentives make people work harder etc...

I like the book because of all the reasons above, it's an easy read and not too lengthy, if it was written better I would say it's definitely a book to promote to teens as part of their education, it has a lot of helpful advice, advice we should be promoting to our youngsters the world over.

The irritating bits:
I understood her past experiences to be very blinkered from her point of view (of course it is its her recollection who else's would it be?) and got the impression she wasn't exactly truthful about her past. I read "I was 9 months Pregnant with my 5month old son on my hip "The Math just doesn't add up Vicky not even for me and my math is terrible!" That... and the fact that her memories aren't in order at the beginning is what makes me suspicious. I am no Author and have never written a book so I would hazard a guess that the actual writer and definitely editor of this book needs to give up their day job and render it to those professionals who can actually do the job. Does no-one proof read anything? There is nothing worse than having to re-read there is nothing worse than having to re-read a sentence (gets irritating doesn't it?) There are several of those mistakes, I am not a great reader and found myself thinking "I've just read that! have I lost my line or missed anything?"

All in all it this book is worth the read and definitely worth teaching, not everyone has a decent up bringing, some parents wouldn't know work ethics if it jumped up and slapped them in the face. *you only have to watch educating essex to work that one out* So from that point of view it is definitely worth buying, but it wont be to everyones taste, especially those who see themselves as super organised, successful business people who've already achieved greatness. If you.. like me, are always prepared to learn more and open to old and new ideas from home and across the pond and are not from a business background or didn't have the opportunity of business education at school, you may find it interesting and refreshing to here you need to work hard to achieve greatness and you aint gonna make your millions without blood sweat and tears. that is unless you win the lottery.

5.0 out of 5 stars i admire her, 26 Sept. 2012
This book was really entertaining i admire her zest and determination in life , i feel shes the only housewife that has worked for everything she has and fought her way through the hard times , the thing i dont get with the housewives is they really dont understand how lucky they are to live in a beautiful place they have a fairytale life but yet seem dissatified , they should come and live with me for a week !

5.0 out of 5 stars as described, 21 May 2014
I am pleased with this purchase because it was as described, arrived in a timely fashion and well packed for transit.

1.0 out of 5 stars utter rubbish, 31 Jan. 2013
this book was so boring and just repeated the same things over and over again. Who cares how many employees she has.
It was all about her and what a great person she is. Not the person I have seen on telly. It is definately not worth the money even at a reduced price

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Read, 24 Dec. 2012

More Than a Housewife
More Than a Housewife by Jeff Scott (Paperback - 15 Dec. 2009)