5.0 out of 5 stars Speed up your knowledge!, 5 Mar 2003
When I first got this book I wondered just how much it could cover that I didn't already know.... wow, was I suprised!
I generally read a book's first chapter and then pick and choose the parts I think would be useful, however I read this one from cover to cover in a matter of days. I then spent the next week or so implementing the great tips and tricks I'd learned from it across my sites.
What Andy King doesn't know about this subject could be written on a postage stamp, from Lilliput. From image compression, to movie optimisation to code reduction to CSS to Apache settings and many many more, this book covers it all, in detail.
I don't think I have another book with so many folded corners and highlighted lines.
If you want to make your site faster, find some great resources and learn just how little you know on this subject I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Complete 'How-To' Guide For A Pro-Site, 6 Aug 2004
By A Customer
When I bought this book I was realistically just hoping for a few tips to help minimise the size of my web pages. Yet the title really undersells the contents, because (graphic design excepted) this book is nothing short of a complete, utterly practical guide to how to build a fast and professional web site. It begins by explaining why a fast loading site is so important to usability, and then launches into chapter after chapter of DETAILED how-to tips on the correct use of HTML, XHTML, CSS(including CSS2), Javascript, minimising GIFs/JPEGs/PNGs/audio and video files - the advice is totally professional and includes advice on what software is available for any given purpose as well as web addresses for further information. (The author even gives advice on what type of digital camera is best for putting video on the web!) The last third of the book then explains how to optimise your site for the search engines, continues with detailed consideration of server-side techniques for compressing webpages even further, and concludes - unusually, but helpfully - with a large chunk (23 pages!) from the first chapter of the book "Search Engine Visibility" by Shari Thurow.
The impression throughout is that a top-notch web pro has simply sat down at his keyboard and "spilled the beans" (Karl Moore style) on all the intricate and difficult pro tips that will doubtless have taken him half-a-lifetime to acquire. The old browser/new browser and I/E/Netscape compatibility issues are also addressed in detail throughout so intermediate level site-builders should be able to implement the majority of these (code-based) tips. This is probably the best computer book I have ever bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast, 17 Jun 2013
Great service ! Fast second hand book was very good.it came as soon as I finished the Order . I was amazed how quick it came. Sorry had to pad some extra words in due to amazon rules.
So to recap it. Came fast ,it is neat and tidy. All in good service and great book !

Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization
Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization by Andrew B. King (Hardcover - Jan 2003)
Out of stock