5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent story for children who were adopted at birth, 31 Mar 2000
Having adopted a baby girl from birth in the US this is the first book we started reading to her which gives an account of how the night she was born really felt. It tells how two adopted parents are called in the middle of the night to say their baby girl has been born. They travel to see their little girl in the hospital, and it touches on the feelings of the adopted parents, how small and vulnerable they feel. Which certainly rang home true to me. It touches briefly on the birth mother, helpfully explaining how the baby came to be.
Since our baby was born we have read this story to her regularly and she loves it. The illustation is excellent and the wording is to the point.
I do feel though it is a very specific story for adopted children whose parents collected them from the hospital when they were very young. This would not be suitable for anyone who adopted in the UK, where I am from.

5.0 out of 5 stars beauitiful, 20 Aug 2005
L. Bunting (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
I first came across this book in the nursery I work in, I picked it up thinking it was simply a book about parents telling their child about the process of pregnancy and child birth, but as I read it turned out to be so much more. It is a beauitiful book about how this young girl was adopted because her birth mummy was too young to look after her and how the new parents felt on their journey to becoming a mummy and daddy. You really get the sense of the emotions from the wonderful drawings throughout the book.
Although it is based in the US, I still found it a good book as it brought up the topic of adoption, and if it gets children discussing things then this can't be a bad thing.
the kids loved it and i love it, a really touching beautiful book.

4.0 out of 5 stars compulsory reading for the 'adoptive family', 23 July 2001
By A Customer
Having adopted our Daughter at 13 months, this book is invaluable as a 'story' about a little girl like her. I only wish we could have a more 'English' version. Maybe Jamie Lee could adapt hers to cover adoption in Britain i.e. 'getting in the car' to go and collect our new family member rather that getting on an aeroplane! However, a lovely story, much appreciated by adoptive parents everywhere. THANKYOU JLC!

5.0 out of 5 stars good book for adoption, 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tell Me Again about the Night I Was Born (School & Library Binding)
this story works best for a baby who was adopted but it's still a good story, regardless of your childs age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Twist in the Tale, 3 Aug 1999
By A Customer
This is a very sweet book with lovely illustrations. However I think purchasers should be aware that the story is very specific to an adoption. Jamie Lee Curtis if you read this can you do a book about the mad rush to hospital and birth for non adopted children.

Tell Me Again about the Night I Was Born
Tell Me Again about the Night I Was Born by Jamie Lee Curtis (School & Library Binding - 30 Sep 2000)
9.49