4.0 out of 5 stars At last an acheivable life changing bible!
Published on 27 Jun 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Says so little whilst saying so much
Having read a few of Deepak Chopra's books now, I must confess my suspicion that he is essentially recycling the same book over and over again. Whilst Perfect Health has noble intentions, it is written in a very vague sort of style, and doesn't really give the reader very much information about Ayurveda.

A fair enough beginning for people looking to change...
Published on 1 April 2010 by Jennifer Malsingh

4.0 out of 5 stars At last an acheivable life changing bible!, 27 Jun 2001
By A Customer
Deepak Chopra's 'Perfect Health' is the Perfect companion for a week's holiday in the sun - just enough time to realign your lifestyle, and get just a litle bit of routine in your otherwise hectic lives. Start off by analysing your body type and be amazed by how true the results are. I loved the way that it gave me some insight into why I feel bad when I do, and practical advice about how to change it. Even if you take only some of it on board it does make a difference. I loved the diet tips and the easily acheivable yoga routine, all of which seem to fill you with energy. And as we all know, even reading and only thinking about making changes towards a better life makes some difference. Having tried a few of his recommendations I have no doubt that if you follow Chopra's steps to a better existence you will be on the path to a mind and body experience that with dedication could lead to Perfect Health.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book to keep, 22 Jun 2006
I've had this book for nearly eight years. It is dog eared, and battered, Ive read it on holiday, in the bath, at the breakfast table and in bed. I dip into it again and again. It is an introduction to ayurvedic as well as quantum healing principles, for more detailed information on ayurveda you would have to look further. I love Deepak Chopra's easy style of writing and it's a book oozing with helpful, easy to use advice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quantum view of the body, 8 Nov 2003
Pieter Uys "Toypom" (Johannesburg) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
Chopra has an interesting, quantum view of the body. Instead of considering it as something solid, he sees the boy as interweaving systems of energies that are constantly being consumed and renewed. Ayurvedic medicine gives us the tools to intervene at the quantum level where we are being recreated every day.
This book provides an exhaustive step-by-step programme of mind-body medicine adapted to individual needs, based on the person’s mind-body type. This typology forms the basis of a focused Ayurvedic program of stress reduction, diet, neuromuscular integration, exercise and daily routines.
Part I, A Place Called Perfect Health, explains these various body types. Part II, The Quantum Mechanical Body, explains the channels of healing via meditation, healing sounds, marma -, music – and aromatherapy. Part III, Living In Tune With Nature, deals with diet, exercise and a seasonal routine that fits your type.
The book concludes with an appendix, glossary, bibliography and index.

5.0 out of 5 stars heal yourself, 30 Nov 2009
Deepak Chopra has been doing some remarkable work and seems to write books that go from strength to strength. I read his early books and was profoundly impressed by them and the Indian Ayurvedic medicine that they exposed to the West in a clear and understandable form for the layman. Perfect Health is a book that gives us clear guidance as to how to bring our bodies into a healthier and better balanced state through the philosophy and technique of Ayurveda. The book is pleasantly interactive with short quizzes for the reader which aid in finding out body type and just what sort of food is ideal and most importantly why.

Surprising in the extreme for me because I had always believed that I followed a diet that erred towards too many carbohydrates often with sugar. I had always found them very difficult to give up. No need to! says Chopra because I am a Vata/Kapha type and my body is in need of warming foods, sometimes with a modicum of sugar. So as I read through the book I discovered that my body in fact had been a lot wiser than my mind had been telling me. It can have a healing effect just in the knowledge that one's diet may not be so much off the mark after all.This is a revolutionary approach for those of us who are still stuck with the old ideas of slimming regimes and dietary supplements. Get this book and find out just why your body is the way it is. I enclose the following link for further fascinating insights from Chopra into the quantum healing of the body.Quantum Healing Exploring the Frontiers of Mind /Body Spirit

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Book, 11 Sep 2005
I really enjoyed reading this book. It offers a very unique introduction to ayurvedic medicine with the right dose of information to appreciate its holistic beauty without drowning the reader with too much detail.
I confirm what the Time magazine has written about Deepak Chopra as being "the poet-prophet of alternative medicine". His book is written with love and passion giving a new light to a 5,000-year-old medical system interlinking new and old, tradition with modern, intuition with scientific explanation, Indian traditional medicine with quantum physics.
A book worth reading and rereading, ready to be used as a constant reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Health, 22 Nov 2009
Perfect Health by Deepak Chopra-firstly the communication with the seller was excellent. I knew exactly where the book was coming from and when to expect it.
The book itself was recommended to me by the trainer on my recent Indian Head massage course. I found this book very interesting and informative. The crux of the book is based on Ayurvedic medicine. Ayurveda is a construct of two Sanskrit words "Ayus" = life and "Veda" meaning knowledge or science. It dates back over 5,000 years ago. It is believed that everyone has a blue print for health called Prakruti or body type. Ayurveda is the interconnection between mind and body based on principles of doshas. Everyone is a combination of these doshas i.e. Vata (controls movement) Pitta( controls metabolism) and Kapha (controls structure) and once you learn and understand your type, you can then change your lifestyle, not only eating habits, to get your Perfect Health. I feel the concepts should be taught to anyone who is concerned about their health, whether they are over or under weight. I found the tips very useful and simple- e.g. getting up in the morning between 6am and 8am when our Pitta or Fire is at it's peak, if you sleep in then Kapha is at it's peak which makes us sluggish and tired.
Perfect health also details quantum mechanics. We are connected with the mind and body, the cells in our bodies store memories and emotions. We are not just a physical body but we have a quantum body which we cannot see but we feel vibrations at minute frequencies.
Understanding our bodies and how they work, and the type of body we each have will lead us to our Perfect Health.
Rachael Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Says so little whilst saying so much, 1 April 2010
Jennifer Malsingh (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews

A fair enough beginning for people looking to change their lifestyles, but you'll need something with a bit more substance to keep you on track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book- well written and presented, 30 Aug 2014
Fantastic book- well written and presented. You can read the chapters with just the basics in to get you going or if you fancy it you can read the more sciencey bits. I've suffered from insomnia for three years and chronic fatigue syndrome for ten- I'm sleeping better and have more energy after a month than I have in years. Happy days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Health by Depak Chopra, 17 Mar 2014
It is a fabulous book i have a copy and bought this one for a friend. It is very clearly written and is the perfect guide to perfect health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect health- great health guidance, 3 Dec 2013
Enjoyed this book as it had all basics on auryveda teachings. Lots of good advice on healthy living and balancing your doshas (body and mind type/s). Will use this as a reference book.

Perfect Health--Revised and Updated: The Complete Mind Body Guide