5.0 out of 5 stars A Film Set
Published on 23 April 2003 by bvalina

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Was Expecting
I bought this book because I love entertaining and wanted some fresh ideas for table dressing etc., but it is a recipe book, albeit a very well presented and attractive one. The recipes look very delicious, but unfortunately there were not, for me, the inspirational ideas that the other reviews have spoken of.
Published on 21 Oct 2010 by Grace

5.0 out of 5 stars A Film Set, 23 April 2003
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)
Paging through this book is a pleasureable experience, even for the 5th time. I keep seeing something new or a new idea is triggered. All the settings are beautifully and thoughtfully done and the recipes are delicious. The homes featured also add to my inspiration for design and style, but most of all I get great ideas for themed parties as well as table settings for dinner parties.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Was Expecting, 21 Oct 2010
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Everything is so perfect, but the ideas are adaptable with a bit ..., 5 July 2014
Madge "Marge" (Suffolk England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)
Sort of addicted to this woman. Everything is so perfect, but the ideas are adaptable with a bit of imagination and one can de-Americanise them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Parties, 27 Mar 2013
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)
As always, Martha Stewart is superb at providing inspirational menus and ideas for those times when we are seeking advice to construct a success!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring! A life saver, 12 Feb 2011
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)
we have some events coming up and I hate catering for more than the immediate family. So when I saw this book it seemed a godsend. And it is - it's enormously helpful with full meal plans and table settings to make me look a calm capable hostess! Something I'm definitely not! The ideas are beautifully inspiring, beautifully photographed and easily triggered my own imagination. I really love the book, and will use it as a starting point for my guests. Hopefully they will look and taste as good as Martha's and I shall be a supreme calm hostess.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quintessentially Martha, 14 Nov 2010
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)
As with everything Martha, this book is just purely delightful. What a pleasure it is to flick through the pages and lose oneself in the fantastic spreads for entertaining. With Christmas just around the corner, I will be replicating several of the suggestions in my own home.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delicious Recipes and Clever Ideas, 26 Mar 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)
As we all know, Martha can be a bit anal when it comes to many things, I have to admit I really like her cookbooks. The recipes are easy to follow and most of the time, tasty. The entertaining ideas are good, however, I've never been able to follow one completely as I simply don't have the time to do it all. Perhaps if I were a wealthy at-home wife I could...but in that case..wouldn't I have someone do it _for_ me?

4.0 out of 5 stars Pure Martha, 16 Jan 2008
This review is from: Great Parties (Paperback)
It's exactly right to call this a film set book. I could never follow the ideas and recipes to a tee but it really IS inspirational and fabulous- she is the original domestic goddess (prior to the insider trading) and this shows what is best about her. Read, enjoy, come back to again and again. Really lovely inspirational ideas.

Great Parties
Great Parties by Magazine (Paperback - 30 Nov 1998)
Used & New from: 0.46