5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ALL JORDAN FANS
this michael jordan book is unbelivable and truly lives up to is name of 'for the love of the game'! This book captures full page action photos, mikes love for the game,stats, career and air jordans. Every thing you want to know about jordan is in the book! i surgest to every one to go out and buy it.
Published on 21 Oct 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Autobiography??
Published on 13 April 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Autobiography??, 13 April 1999
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
I was disappointed at this book. It's not really a true autobiography of Michael Jordan, but just a bunch of photos and statistics of his career, and just some random thoughts. The photos are nice, but there was a lot lacking. It reminds me so much of "Rare Air", Jordan's first "autobiography". And plus, it's too expensive. I wouldn't recommend buying it, just check it out from the library or browse it at the bookstore.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST FOR ALL JORDAN FANS, 21 Oct 2001

4.0 out of 5 stars Great looking but missing something, 6 Nov 1998
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
In terms of graphics, photography and layout, this is terrific work. However, the text of the book covers numerous thoughts and reflections, none of them in too much depth.
For example, there's large type pointing out that he initially disliked the Oakley trade, but came to appreciate Bill Cartwright. And it ends right there. What did Cartwright do to push the team the next level? How did he affect Jordan? The same goes for Detroit. Nice pictures, he does mention that after Chicago defeated Detroit, that a few members of the Pistons did shake the Bulls hands, but a couple paragraphs and its done with. Beating Detroit meant far more to his career than playing baseball, but you'd never know it from this book. But this is all trivial.
Perhaps the in-depth, tell-all autobiography is yet to be told. Or for the sake of preserving the corporate front man, it's never to be told.
Nevertheless, the photography is terrific and of all the large-size athlete bios, this is easily the best looking and the most impressive effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just for Bulls or Jordan Fans, 10 Nov 1998
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
An amazing symbiosis of words and pictures. The wonderful thing about Jordan is that he really is a very simple human being, and because he has kept close to that simplicity, he is able to succeed.
Having just read Bill Bradley's Values of the Game, I can say that Jordan's is the better book. I felt like I was getting a lecture from a professor with Bradley, but with Jordan, it was an up-close look at a person's pure artistry and mastery of a craft he is so very good at.
Will there ever be someone who will surpass his place in basketball? Probably, but I doubt it's going to come out of the Grants, Kobes, or Shaquilles. They are not the same combination of student of the game and amazing performer.
Thank you, Michael for allowing us into your world, even for a precious little bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!!, 25 Sep 1998
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
I was able to get an advanced copy of this book and I must say it is one of the most introspective, honest and open pieces of non-fiction I have ever [read]. Michael Jordan is truly accurate when he says, "If you want to be in my shoes, fine. But, not for one day. Be in my shoes for a week or longer." He is truly one of the most enduring figures in American sports history. I recommend this book to anyone who is interested in the triumph of the human spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well-written book with fantastic action photos., 1 Sep 1999
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
I found this book extremely interesting, not only for it's content of actual text, but also for the fantastic photos which adorned the book's pages. It looks at Michael Jordan's career from a never-before-seen angle, his own. He carefully documents past memories with a photograph by the side to fully explain what he's trying to grasp.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIKE THE FINAL ACT TO A MONUMENTAL PERFORMANCE, 10 Nov 1998
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
AS A HUGE MJ FAN,I CAN'T HELP BUT HAVE JOY AND PAIN WHEN I READ THIS LATEST MJ TREASURE. IT'S EXCITING, BUT IT SEEMS TO BE A RECAP TO THE FINAL ACT, THE PICTURES ARE WONDERFUL,THE STORIES ARE HEARTWARMING..[NOTICE THE SINGLE PHOTO OF THE LOVE OF HIS LIFE POSING IN THE PINK DRESS]...A MUST UNDER THE CHRISTMAS TREE....

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but it could have had a little more detail., 2 Nov 1998
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
As is everything Michael touches gold, this is no exception. The pictures alone are worth the money. The only disappointment was I would have liked a little more text. I also had a hard time reading it with every page being in a different format. The content that was there however was excellent and a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars I felt privileged ., 5 Nov 1998
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
I beleive this is a book of greatness. Michael is greatness, he's the ultimate and if the world doesn't know it by now well i'm hear to tell you.This book deserves ten stars, Michael is a star. I wish I had the chance to meet greatness and play greatness!!!! Your the greatest Michael.

5.0 out of 5 stars Revealing the will-power of Micheal Jordan, 8 Nov 1998
This review is from: For the Love of the Game: My Story (Hardcover)
This book not only gives stats for MJ's outstanding career, but also displays his will power and hearth to succeed and stay on the top. After you are done with the book, you cannot help but think that he would still perform the same if he had chosen science, politics, or business.

For the Love of the Game: My Story
For the Love of the Game: My Story by Michael Jordan (Hardcover - 12 Nov 1998)
Used & New from: 2.10