‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The Enchanted Wood, 23 Dec 2012
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
This is a beautiful, large format, hardback gift book, which has colour illustrations (the ones I remember from my own childhood, which look quite retro now) and which makes a great gift for any child. Dean have made a few changes to the text to update it - so the children are now called Joe, Beth and Frannie (rather than Fanny) for example, but I did not feel that the essence of the story was disrupted. In this first book, the children move to the country and find the Magic Faraway Tree in the Enchanted Wood. When the children climb the tree there is a magic land at the top - this land changes from time to time, giving Enid Blyton full reign to create a whole host of magical worlds and characters. Many of these great characters actually live in the tree, including the lovely Silky, the Saucepan Man and Moon-Face. There are also gift editions of further books in the series, as well as the Wishing-Chair stories Enid Blyton Magic Faraway Tree Enchanted Wood Folk of the Faraway Tree and The Adventures of the Wishing-chair 4 Illustrated Books Set Collection. These are delightful books and I have enjoyed reading them to my own children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Book, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
This book (and the other in the series The Magic Faraway Tree) are beautiful. They have lovely illustrations on most pages so my 3 year old is happy to listen to the stories whilst looking at the pictures. Most suitable for 4 upwards I'd say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Children's book, 3 May 2013
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
Wonderful reproduction of this Enid Blyton book. Beautifully illustrated. Children's names changed to more uptodate ones,this doesn't matter as it doesn't alter the story.
Well packaged and arrived in good condition.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous story, 1 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
My daughter absolutely loves this set of Enid Blyton stories. Each chapter is an adventure, so it is great for bedtime reading! The hard back version wasn't quite what I was expecting, but she loved it anyway.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 20 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
This is my favourite book of all time, my mum read it to me and I've just bought it for my baby as a keepsake. It's a magical enchanting book with memories that will stay with your child forever. Seriously the best book ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful story. Your kids will love it. I do too!, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
Love this story. Loved it so much got the magic faraway tree, then the folk of the far away tree. Don't know who I got the follow ups for, me or my 5 year old. Excellent fantasy story, recommend for any age.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic story - not keen on this hardback edition, 7 Jan 2014
Fairy Godmother (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
We have the other Faraway Tree books and I ordered this one because I thought the colour illustrations might make the story nice and more special. But actually, I prefer the paperback. This book is a bit too cumbersome for our 5 year-old to read himself and I'm not keen on the internal layout, plus the illustrations are not original ones, and not a bit how we imagine them to be. I would stick to the paperback version, which I bought instead. Having said that, this copy made a nice gift to someone whose child hadn't read them before and had no expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book as a keepsake or a present - lovely illustrations which makes a big difference when reading to little ones....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
First had this book when I was a child but lent it to someone & never got it back.. Now I have & the set is complete to read to my grandchildren. Thanks for the speedy response....:)

5.0 out of 5 stars firm favourite, 15 Jun 2013
This review is from: The Enchanted Wood (Hardcover)
I read this as a child and loved it - sadly I didnt keep my copies but have re bought for my own daughter and she is in love with the stories just like I was. We read this over and over. Magical.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Enchanted Wood
The Enchanted Wood by Enid Blyton (Hardcover - 3 Oct 2011)
4.88