on 4 March 2010
I ordered this book because it was my first cook book as a child and I wanted my 8 year old son to have it too.
The book was in excellent condition but I was initially a little disappointed as it was a much later issue than the one I had as a child, it was titled "Cooking is Fun" and was a different front cover than the earlier "My learn to Cook Book". Perhaps this should have been mentioned in the description.
However, the contents and illustrations inside are exactly the same and it is a great cook book for children and is still relevant today, with easy to follow step-by-step recipes that kids love and is very visually appealing too.
My son loves the book and can highly reccomend the "Crispy Crackolates"!
on 29 June 2011
I used to cook from this book as a child but somewhere between moving I managed to lose my original copy.
I love this book, it is full of really simple recipes that I hope my kids will enjoy cooking one day... This book (in my opinion) is one of the best childrens cookbooks around, and I also believe that is it timeless.
This book was first published in 1969 and is still relevant today which a lot of cookbooks can not replicate!
on 17 December 2014
I had this fab cook book as a little girl in the 70s, and wanted one for my little 'un, who loves to cook with me! The pictures of the food are pen sketches (no photos!) which are really cute, and I love the dog and cat who accompany them. A really nice basic, it teaches things like how to boil an egg, make biscuits and other simple things that little ones will love to cook and eat. It's good to get them cooking early and learning where their food comes from! Just perfect, a real blast from the past.
on 8 November 2013
I first bought this for my daughter about 50 years ago, and then tried to find one for my grandchildren. We were delighted to find one in such good condition.
on 17 October 2014
Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin. The problem with this book is that Amazon will only post one picture of the cover but there are other versions of the cover and the book and you may not get the version you think you are buying - at least that's what happened to me.

I had an email exchange with World of Books on the subject of not-getting-what-I-had-paid-for and a more (very actually) helpful phone conversation with Barbara who works for them. This resulted in a full refund from Amazon and I donated the unwanted book to some small girls I know who liked it very much. However, Amazon need to recognise that the mistake is theirs and should be rectified with accurate pictures/descriptions as I am not the only person have this annoying experience!

Meanwhile this the search for an early copy of "My learn to cook book" continues....
on 17 January 2015
Took me back to cooking with my children and now doing it with my grandchildren.