on 19 January 2014
This book contains lots of projects, more than expected for the price, and the vast majority are things I'd actually like to make. There are at least three jackets, and a man's jumper that is, surprisingly, quite nice. (Normally the mens items are dire, IMO.) The recommended yarns are all easily available (King Cole, Sirdar, Debbie Bliss), which is refreshing.

My only complaint, and the reason I scored this book four stars instead of five, is that some of the items include a knitted element (the cuff on a pair of gloves, and the rib band on a hat), which would be annoying if you're not also a knitter.
on 12 April 2014
I love Nicki Trench books - the amount of pattern they contain for such a cheap price is brilliant! I purchased htis book cause I loved the fringed shawl and immediately wanted to make it with some self striping Ice yarn I had...But the pattern has a huge error in it!!!!! The diamond pattern, if worked as per the written chart, just will not work!!! Myself and a friend eventually puzzled out how to make the patterns work, but we are both very experienced hookers!!! Should someone with less skill or patience try to make this item they would soon become very frustrated!! Other wise a lovely book :)
on 16 January 2014
I really love this book, it's choc-full of really nice projects, and lots of cardigans and jumpers which is unusual for crochet books which are usually mostly home-furnishings, etc. The clothing goes up to approx 40-42" chest which is pretty good. I'm going to be making loads of these projects. A bargain too! The reviewer who accused the author of "cutting and pasting" didn't mention that it's only the introductory section which is the same in each of the books in this series. The patterns are different in each book.
on 28 December 2013
Far more projects than I expected for a book costing so little - great value - haven't made anything at all from it yet - but sometimes it's nice to just look at the book - that makes me happy ! :)
on 3 February 2014
Nicki Trench again. Wonderful. The six books I have by her are used on a regular basis as there such diverse projects.
on 13 December 2013
Wonderful projects in this book. If you love crochet, this book is a must have. I want to make everything.
on 31 March 2014
Although I love this book for the simplicity of the patterns it has in it, maybe that is the problem for me - it is simplistic but the patterns are so beautiful I would be content to keep making them all over and over
on 13 April 2014
I liked most of the patterns in this book plus it gave me ideas for other items. A good variety of patterns at varying levels of experience. Happy I bought it.
on 1 February 2014
I like the book and it has some very interesting and creative designs and colourways. Would recommend it to experienced crochetiers.
on 9 January 2014
good selection of patterns both for home and clothes. Simple ideas and large pictures. I liked the variety and classic designs.