Format: Paperback|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 December 2014
I'm a big fan of Times 2 Quick Crossword books but having worked my way through them all - and some more than once - I decided I must try someone else's quick crosswords or go very hungry between new editions of Times 2 books. I didn't have very high hopes of this Daily Mail Big Book of Quick Crosswords when I ordered it but I have to say I'm loving it and shall inevitably end up buying the whole series. I find them quite a bit faster to complete than T2 crosswords - they are perhaps slightly less of a challenge. Yet the clues are nonetheless very precise and it is a joy to occasionally complete one in under five minutes without recourse to the solutions at the back akin to how John Gielgud must have felt idly inputting any old words to finish the Times cryptic every day in record time! This is truly a bumper book - 400 crosswords - which is a delightful prospect for any crossword fan as it will take a long time even working fast to get to the end of this doorstep. On balance I'm starting to like these even more than T2 - not only for the actual puzzles themselves but the pages are slightly bigger and the size and sort of typeface is clearer which is useful; T2 books do have a very small typeface. I have already asked for a further two Daily Mail Big Books for Christmas presents as I don't want to run out. Recommended.
on 11 August 2013
When you are away and nothing decent on the television , I love to do several crosswords. It's amazing how you remember some of the more obscure words.
on 24 October 2013
Could not put the book down and keeps the brain active.Ideal for lovers of crosswords and tthose who want to keep the brain active in retirement.
on 4 August 2013
excellent book continuing the series - clues are very good and there is not too many sport idol questions- print an excellent size.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 9 January 2014
........after struggling and usually failing with various daily cryptic puzzles and the more testing non-cryptic variety, it does the soul and ego good to be able to do The Daily Mail, BIG Book Of Quick Crosswords with relative ease - mostly. Testing crosswords may give the setters an enormous amount of sadistic fun but this does not apply to the poor old buffer like myself to be reminded each day what a absolute nincompoop he/she is!

Thank goodness for this book of crosswords that momentarily restores ones pride and belief in ones erudite qualities.
on 26 November 2013
This is the 'dip in book' of constant interest. General knowledge and all other types of questions you can shake a stick at. Not cryptic ones though.
on 15 September 2014

Always a good buy,

Only one complaint though. Usually every two crosswords have identical layouts with a number of clues being the same.

Do every second crossword and then go back and do the others - you will have forgotten the first ones by then.

Not difficult by any means but pleasant enough to idle away some moments.

on 4 June 2014
My neighbour is addicted to the Daily Mail Quick crossword, but this has too be completed by 0800 hrs each morning - his day does not start properly without it! Following a difference of opinion with the local newspaper supplier, and the purchase of the Mail Puzzle book, harmony is now restored to his day
on 22 March 2014
I love these books. Chock full of puzzles. Not too large but thick with many pages.I don't read the Daily Mail but I love the crosswords. Well done D. Mail.
This keeps me busy for hours. Will buy more of these as I finish the present one.
on 5 February 2014
I have order most of the daily mail quick cross word books, and love receiving them. I have pre ordered one for June delivery. What concerns me is there is no new books available on your pages.