on 24 December 2013
I've long been a subscriber to the Telegraph, and in recent times its crossword is one of the few reasons I've remained one. Although the paper is now going the way of the tabloids with an increasing emphasis on sensationalism and celebrity worship,the cryptic crossword remains a reliable feature, and having it in book form has almost decided me on cancelling my subscription and working my way through the book itself (and others in the series), which are useful to keep in your bag to kill time when commuting, sitting in doctors waiting rooms, traffic jams etc.

If I have one gripe about Telegraph crosswords, including the ones included in this book, it's the fact that they neglect to publish the name of the compiler, unlike other quality papers. I think this is an insult to them (ie the compilers) and a (perhaps deliberate?) drawback for us solvers, who get to recognise the style of individual setters, and thus have a key as to how to approach a particular puzzle.

Still and all, this book is excellent value for money, and I thoroughly recommend it.
on 7 August 2013
I never know what to get my dad on Father's day so I always end up buying him either a box of maltesers or something DIY related, this made a nice change. He's not seen without it so I presume it must be alright - It's pretty thick so there are a lot of puzzles.
on 5 March 2016
As a crossword addict I love these books. I find The Telegraph crosswords the most enjoyable as they're not as insultingly easy as the tabloids nor as claw-your-eyes-out difficult as The Times but still challenging enough to get you thinking. With a hundred puzzles this one will keep me going for a while
on 31 August 2013
thoroughly ENJOYABLE WAY TO SPEND A FEW MINUTES/HOURS. would RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO REALLY ENJOYS CONUNDRUMS. OR GETTING INTO THE METHODS OF THE COMPILERS
on 23 April 2014
The best cryptic crosswords. I`m working on books 1 & 2 at the moment. It`s so long since I did the Telegraph cryptics as the new ones have just come out. I`m a little bit rusty so it`s taking me longer to get my brain in gear!
on 28 September 2013
Delivered on time and well packled. I have enjoyed sitting doing these crosswords while relaxing in the sun on holiday.
200 quality cryptic crosswords for a fiver delivered really can't be bad value, even if you're a freak like Morse who completes them in 10 minutes it's still some 33 hours of entertainment for £5. For us relative thickies who usually need a nearer an hour it's an awful lot of thinking time for your money
on 10 July 2013
need I say more? difficult enough to keep the grey cells active, but not too toffee-nosed - ideal holiday companion, or for a long train journey.
on 6 September 2014
Their was a mistake on page 23, puzzle 23, clue 4 down, the second part (distaste) does not fit. Some of the answers dont seem appropriate. ONly up to puzzle 27 so dont know if any more clues dont fit. Good recreation.
on 13 October 2013
I do the telegraph crossword every Saturday and this is nothing like it. Seems to have been cobbled together just to get a book out. Half the clues don't tie in with the answers in a significant way.