4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Remaining Bit of The Telegraph!
Published 10 months ago by Mr. Keith G. Tricker

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all like the normal telegraph crossword
I do the telegraph crossword every Saturday and this is nothing like it. Seems to have been cobbled together just to get a book out. Half the clues don't tie in with the answers in a significant way.
Published 12 months ago by S. Lucas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Best Remaining Bit of The Telegraph!, 24 Dec 2013
Mr. Keith G. Tricker (Bishop's Stortford, Herts. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Telegraph: All New Big Book of Cryptic Crosswords 2 (The Telegraph Puzzle Books) (Paperback)
I've long been a subscriber to the Telegraph, and in recent times its crossword is one of the few reasons I've remained one. Although the paper is now going the way of the tabloids with an increasing emphasis on sensationalism and celebrity worship,the cryptic crossword remains a reliable feature, and having it in book form has almost decided me on cancelling my subscription and working my way through the book itself (and others in the series), which are useful to keep in your bag to kill time when commuting, sitting in doctors waiting rooms, traffic jams etc.

If I have one gripe about Telegraph crosswords, including the ones included in this book, it's the fact that they neglect to publish the name of the compiler, unlike other quality papers. I think this is an insult to them (ie the compilers) and a (perhaps deliberate?) drawback for us solvers, who get to recognise the style of individual setters, and thus have a key as to how to approach a particular puzzle.

Still and all, this book is excellent value for money, and I thoroughly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT WAY OF PASSING THE TIME AND KEEPING THE BRAIN ACTIVE, 31 Aug 2013
W. G. Young (Moray,Scotland) - See all my reviews
thoroughly ENJOYABLE WAY TO SPEND A FEW MINUTES/HOURS. would RECOMMEND TO ANYONE WHO REALLY ENJOYS CONUNDRUMS. OR GETTING INTO THE METHODS OF THE COMPILERS

5.0 out of 5 stars Cryptic crosswords, 28 Sep 2013
Mr. B. Nye - See all my reviews
Delivered on time and well packled. I have enjoyed sitting doing these crosswords while relaxing in the sun on holiday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great father's day present., 7 Aug 2013
Ilona Bell (York, England) - See all my reviews
I never know what to get my dad on Father's day so I always end up buying him either a box of maltesers or something DIY related, this made a nice change. He's not seen without it so I presume it must be alright - It's pretty thick so there are a lot of puzzles.

5.0 out of 5 stars the usual high standard, 10 July 2013
need I say more? difficult enough to keep the grey cells active, but not too toffee-nosed - ideal holiday companion, or for a long train journey.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not at all like the normal telegraph crossword, 13 Oct 2013
S. Lucas "Masher" (UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
mostly good - some of the clues a bit obscure

5.0 out of 5 stars The Telegraph All New Cryptic Crosswords 2, 23 April 2014
ArumLily (High Wycombe (UK)) - See all my reviews
The best cryptic crosswords. I`m working on books 1 & 2 at the moment. It`s so long since I did the Telegraph cryptics as the new ones have just come out. I`m a little bit rusty so it`s taking me longer to get my brain in gear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big book of cryptic crosswords, 17 Mar 2014
A great purchase; nice quality paper, good clear print. Well worth the money and good value. I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service., 7 Mar 2014
Quick and easy way to get the book I wanted. I would recommend this way of purchasing to anyone. Well packed.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›