Format: Paperback|Change

on 30 August 2012
I have had the first three books of Telegraph codewords and they were really good. They were handy for taking travelling, slim, light and easy to pack in hand-luggage. This is a bulky book with a lot of wasted space on each page. I will not be taking it in my hand luggage on a flight. I know there are 50 more codewords than in the earlier books but those had the answers simply placed at the bottom of each page under the puzzles, ten pages further on, so that there was no need for pages of answers at the end, which add to the bulk. The answers in the new book give, not only the complete puzzle, but also the letter grid, which is completely unnecessary when all you need is the letter grid for each one.
I don't think I have suddenly become a whiz overnight but these are too easy, mostly because the puzzles that I have done so far contain too many 'E's. I have bought cheaper books that are more challenging and this has been a disappointment.
I think I will order the first book again when I next fly, as I won't remember the ones I did several years ago and it will fit in my bag so much better. They were also more of a challenge.
on 11 October 2014
2 clue consonants given for each puzzle which usually gives you one word with both these letters in and around 6-8 letters or so in total. I found it a little too easy although still enjoyable. A few obscure words like kanji, zloty, quokka but nothing too taxing. I found it annoying that the book didn't stay open easily meaning that the right hand pages were difficult to fill in on your lap!

I'd love to find a hinged, hardbacked book that was more difficult!
on 14 December 2012
Kate Mepham devises the best Codewords. Others are inferior so make sure her name is on the cover. Each puzzle is in nice big print and the book is well set out.l
on 23 June 2014
I was very disappointed on receiving this codewords book as it is not half as good as the old ones. I find it not taxing enough and preferred the smaller size.
on 29 April 2014
The codewords are not the same as those in the Daily Telegraph, and these are far too easy. Still looking for a good codewords book, with words many of us use but somewhere out of the norm; not too quirky but different.
on 26 October 2015
This was my first Telegraph Codeword book after doing all the codewords in The Times books. I missed the variation of size and style and difficulty level in the Times books. The Telegraph All New Codewords are all the same size and shape and style and more or less all the same level of difficulty - average. I am not too keen either on having proper nouns included, even words in foreign languages. There are enough words in the English language to make this unnecessary.
on 1 May 2013
a good all round set of puzzles but difficult to hold open as the spine is glued would be better if on another hinge type
on 11 January 2013
These are addictive. Immensely satisfying to complete and so good for exercising the brain. Each one presents a new challenge - and I am even learning new obscure words !
on 6 October 2013
I do the Telegraph codeword every day and wanted a good selection of them so that I can do more and also take on holidays. Would have liked some harded puzzles though.
on 22 January 2013
Book is a bit more challenging as there are 2 clues only on most pages instead of the usual easy three. Would recommend this to anyone interested in codewords