Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 January 2013
As a fairly new knitter I've been looking for a book that lists techniques and pattern ideas so I can try out different things before embarking on actual patterns. I think this book is great for that! It gives a lot of basic need to know kitting techniques as well as more complicated things like turning a heel when making socks and the "special techniques" section at the back is good for when you become more advanced and want to know about different ways to cast on and things like that.

What I really wanted it for was the different stitch patterns so I could practice with swatches and scarves etc. They are easy to follow and have good pictures so you can clearly see what you are knitting.
on 31 July 2012
Compact, comprehensive and concise. This is the perfect companion for any knitting project. Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced knitters will all find something to challenge and excite. See how many new techniques you can pack into your next project. Invisible cast on method one from page 219 makes super soft edgings for baby sleeves. Other guides have room for more techniques but this is one that will settle happily into your knitting bag or box and ensure your favourite hobby never gets stale. This is another book that I checked out first from the library and found I didn't want to be without. Happy knitting.
on 20 May 2013
As soon as I received this book I started knitting from it. It's another book I borrowed from the library and knew I had to get my own copy. It's good for all levels of knitters. With a good variety of stitch patterns to try out.
on 14 January 2014
This is a really practical and useful handbook for anyone who loves knitting. helpful for beginners and for those who want to improve their knitting skills.
on 13 January 2014
This book is fantastic. It is easy to follow and understand, has the answer to every question regarding knitting, as well as some lovely stitches to try.
on 24 June 2013
This is a really good and informative book that teaches you new knitting stitches with clear instructions and illustrations. The book has helped to open up a whole new world of knitting techniques and I'm now working on a blanket made up of squares using the various techniques included.
VINE VOICEon 15 June 2014
Every knitter MUST have a stitch dictionary, or risk their life (and sanity). This book (more of a bible really) contains not only all the stiches you will ever need, and then some, but also advice on knitting in the round, doing colourwork and using textures. It even gives instructions for special techniques such as invisible casting on, grafting, and pockets. Every knitter needs a go-to book if they’re having any problems with a certain technique or pattern, and this one is pretty darn near perfect.
on 3 May 2014
This book is so good I just had to buy it after my copy is a library book and I found myself referring to it often
Great reference book
on 9 December 2012
Exactly what I needed. All the stitches are well explained and plenty of photos to help explain the methods and show the patterns etc.
on 19 February 2014
Good knitting ideas, clear and straightforward.
Good condition of book itself.
What else can I say ? This seems to cover it all.