Really enjoyable book for anyone knitting for babies and young children. The patterns fall into 4 sections:
Cotton Knits includes a beautiful pastel fairisle cardi, also dresses and a squared blanket.
Fun to Wear has a fairy dress (knitted bodice and net skirt); skull & crossbones sweater and a cute heart design cardi.
Wrap up warm includes a LOVELY robin hood jacket (cable knit & a pixie hood) and a ballerina wrap.
Then in Heads, Toes and Little Hands, Mellor gives us various accessories. I liked the little red button shoes and the fairisle tassel hat.
All in all I think this is a very useful buy.
on 15 December 2012
The most disappointing thing about this book was that the wool suggested for the particular cardigan (the book was published in 2004) is no longer available and although I contacted Rowan it was almost impossible for them to suggest an alternative wool in any of their own or other brands.
on 4 January 2013
I was looking for an all round book of straight forward designs but found this mostly cotton knit (which I HATE)
on 14 August 2015
I had borrowed a book from the library (which is not now available to buy) and thought this book was the answer as it had some of the patterns I was looking for, however, there was another book available from Amazon with a different cover and I bought the two thinking they covered all the patterns in the original book - they didn't both books were exactly the same - just different covers, very disappointing.
on 7 November 2013
It was exactly what I was looking for. Good patterns and clear and concise exactly what a pattern should be
on 14 April 2013
This book is very nice of you have little girls. As a mother of 3 sons, there isn't enough to make for boys. I did use the pattern for the hat with ear flaps and it is absolutely gorgeous - I will use this pattern again and again to make gifts for friends' children. However, there aren't many others that are useful to me.
on 12 July 2013
This book is by far one of the best books I have purchased ... Currently making the little pirate jumper , one small problem is the graphs are a little small but don't let this stop you buying a brilliant book , I just got a good friend to blow them up.................
on 17 July 2013
FOUND PATTERNS LOVELY

ONLY JUST BEGAN KNITTING SO SOME PATTERNS WILL BE CHALLENGING BUT THAT WILL BE ENJOYABLE

LOOKING FOR OTHER BOOKS FROM ZOE
on 22 October 2014
Nice book of patterns, knits up small, so up to age 4 years in my opinion. Easy to follow instructions and well worth having in your children's pattern collection.
on 28 June 2013
I was delighted with the book as it contains so many lovely knits for children. I'll be making more jumpers and cardigans than the pirate one I bought it for.