on 13 November 2013
I thought it was a hard back book, but apart from that I like the choice of meals for each course
on 22 January 2013
Was hoping for a book to tell me how to use my new Tagine which was a gift. Doesn't really fulfil
on 29 June 2015
Excellent little book! I have already used it to produce two receipes and both were successful.
VINE VOICEon 16 September 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
A cracking addition to the cookery book library. Very handy size for space, reference and day-to-day use. The illustrations are simple and display the finished product rather than arty backdrops of Marrakesh.

My only slight criticism would be on the allowances for 'Preparation Time'. I cannot chop chillis, 4 cloves of garlic, 3 onions, sautee chicken pieces, mix 4 different spices, de-pulp and chop a preserved lemon, sautee pine-nuts, wash/chop spinach ALL in twenty minutes. I tried and failed. I'm sure it's a doddle on 'Saturday Kitchen' but not for me.

I had the same problem with the preparation for chargrilled peppers. The simple answer is to simply allow yourself more time to match your skills.

Most important of all, the recipes so far have been delicious and surely that's the point.
on 16 January 2016
Having been to Marrakech several times and inspired by the cuisine, this book is a real asset.
on 17 August 2013
got this as a gift for my folks, they love it definitely will order more for them and for us
VINE VOICEon 1 October 2012
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a great fan of the Hamlyn cookbooks and already have several. I was looking forward to receiving the Tagine and Moroccan cookbook.

I already have a couple of similar cookbooks and was hoping to find some new recipes. There are lots of interesting recipes in there but I cannot say I was enticed by too many of the recipes. There is certainly a lot of choice for everyones pallet, but personally I found it weaker than some of the other books in the series. Also on the page of "how to make couscous" it states you should use a couscous steamer, an item I am sure, is not in everyones cupboard!

If you are starting out then this is a great book, but perhaps not as much for someone who already has a few books on this style of dining.
on 20 August 2014
Ver useful when you first start to cook Morrocan style and a boon to give you inspiration
on 4 November 2014
to be honest only few of the dishes were authentic ..had better recipies for free online
on 14 August 2014
Perfect for every kind of tagine you could think of, and many you wouldn't have!