Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 December 2008
This book has some interesting recipes but don't bother with if you have a panasonic breadmaker. The liquid quantities do not seem to work and result in very dry, crumbly bread. There are more ideas in the manual that comes with the panasonic than in this book.
11 comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2012
I recently purchased an Andrew James Bread Maker AJ-BM102XJ from Amazon. I was very pleased to find that the recipies in this book worked very well with this machine. The fruit loaf great lovely fruity and light. Great !!
on 2 September 2012
I bought this book when I purchased my Panasonic SD2501 breadmaker but am very disappointed. I have tried a number of recipes but the loaves either turn out like bricks or horrible, sticky, uncooked messes - the recipes simply don't seem to work with my machine. I will stick to the recipes included with the Panasonic, which produce perfect results every time.
on 23 September 2012
I've made good use of this book from the everyday honey & oat, speedy sesame and semonlina & olive oil to loaves from the gourmet section: lemon, dill & soured cream , beetroot & caraway, pesto & olive.

I've a Kenwood bread maker and I never rely exactly on recipe quantities. The way bread makes even in the machine varies with the weather and sometimes "just because", so I always have a little look during the dough stage and adjust the liquid or flour if needed. If I use the delay timer these recipes work well but as with everything done that way the loaf can be a bit misshapen.

Each recipe has an accompanying tip, some of which are helpful, some are obvious (eg you swap different types of seeds in the seed bread) and some should be in the main recipe (I did not see the note about not tipping all the olives in at once to the olive bread the first time and ended up trying to rescue a gloopy mess).

I have about half a dozen bread books but look to this one most often for the machine and River Cottage for when I feel like doing it properly.
on 13 February 2013
This book is very easy to follow and goes well with the Panasonic breadmakers which is why I purchased it. I' m absolutely delighted with the contents which include gluten free recipes, perfect for me.
on 4 September 2008
I have had a bread machine for nearly 2 years and have struggled to find any recipes that are easy to follow and more importantly produce great results. This book is amazing. There is a wide range of breads and things with lovely illustrations and simple instructions. A must for anyone with a bread machine.
VINE VOICEon 23 October 2010
I recently received a Kenwood Breadmaking machineKenwood BM350 BREADMAKER - Stainless Steeland needed recipes.

So I got a copy of this from the library ( I have now ordered a copy) and its fantastic.
THE RECIPES WORK..... and seem to be particularly good for Kenwoods....

I have tried about five breadmaking books and this is the best one that I have found.

It is easy to follow, has great gourmet bread ideas,the olive bread recipe is fantastic and is good for all types of breads....

So highly recommended for its recipes and it's ease of use......
on 2 March 2010
This is an excellent book. Ive recently retrieved and dusted off my bread maker and always found the recipe book that came with it never gave good bread, (a brick in fact which is why it was at the back of a cupboard) not any more, there are lots of interesting breads/cakes in this book. I have already made a Chilli and sun-dried tomato bread, i also added Stilton and Cheddar, it is absolutely delicious. I thoroughly recommend this book, lots of easy to follow recipes for beautiful fresh bread at the touch of a button.
on 28 February 2009
I checked out a number of Bread Machine recipe/guide books before I decided to buy this. I am an occasional cook and therefore needed a simple straightforward "guide" book. I have found the recipes and guidelines most helpful and apart fom a couple of mistakes (Mine, - not from the book), I have had a lot of fun cooking up a variety of breads, and am thoroughly enjoying myself with the help of this book.Bread Machine Easy: 70 Delicious Recipes That Make the Most of Your Machine
on 1 September 2012
Perhaps I expected too much from this book as I was a little underwhelmed when I read through it the first time. However I have revisited the book and my opinion has changed as the variety of recipes is excellent and the recommended accompaniments is a welcome addition. The only glaring omission is a white baguette dough recipe which all of us here would have appreciated as we always have a couple on the go at weekends.