5.0 out of 5 stars Mark Heyes has made me happy!!, 17 April 2010
This review is from: Get the Look: Designer Style on a High Street Budget (Hardcover)
It's official - Mark Heyes is a genius!! I'm quite clueless sometimes with how to put clothes and looks together and I was bought this as a present - it's amazing. Each designer (Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana and Prada etc..) is broken down and Mark tells you what items to buy on the High Street to look as if you've spent more than you have. There's also a lot of tips on what to wear depending on your shape, tips on how to dress so you look slimmer (much needed for me!) and also ideas for occasions - I'm completely ripping off one of his suggestions for a wedding outfit. Book is laid out really well, loads of celeb pictures and advice on how to copy their look. Plus it looks good on my coffee table!! Great present to give - trust me!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Some great wearable looks, 3 Oct 2010
I first came across Mark Heyes on GMTV with Lorraine Kelly and was really impressed with the affordable and stylish looks he was able to put together each week. In fact I used to make a point of watching when I could just to see if Mark had a piece that day, so I was really happy to see that he had written a book.

Unlike other stylist's books, 'Get the Look' teaches the reader how to achieve the classic designer looks that never go out of fashion, on a budget. This makes it easy and accessible for everyone to look chic, sophisticated and feel great too. I can't wait to try out some of the looks now, especially the contemporary classic Chanel, the cute chic Prada and the pirate eccentric Vivienne Westwood looks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get the Look: Designer Style on a High Street Budget., 15 Jan 2013
A new way of mixing items you already have in your closet (you may have to add/buy some few items). Very inspiring. Never thougth of mixing my Chanel jacket with my blue jeans - it looks great ! Written by a great stylist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Different perspective from other style books, 7 Aug 2012
Ruth Crofts (Cotswolds, England) - See all my reviews
I thought this book was really inspiring and took a different perspective to all the other style books. It concentrates on different fashion houses such as Pravda, channel, Armani and demonstrates how to get the look yourself without the couture price tags. The looks we're based on a range of body sizes, from curvy to petite and it showed how with little tweaks and a bit of styling you can get an outfit that has presence and makes a statement. More about style than following fashion ans would suit all ages from teens to middle age and on to retirement. An excellent book I would not hesitate to recommend. Wish I had bought it sooner.

5.0 out of 5 stars great tips, 25 Mar 2012
Purchased this as I love Marks slot on Lorraine on ITV1.It has great tips for creating designer looks on a budget with clear pics and layout.

ARRAY(0xa918a06c)

Get the Look: Designer Style on a High Street Budget
Get the Look: Designer Style on a High Street Budget by Mark Heyes (Hardcover - 5 April 2010)
Used & New from: 0.01