4.0 out of 5 stars Great variety
This is a really good recipe book, there is a great variety of recipes including various soups and starters as well as main meals and also gives a list of equipment and ingredients which are used most commonly in thai cooking. I've also found the recipes for thai green/red curry paste very handy as they are used as a base for many other dishes.

(ps it tells...
Published on 9 Jan 2011 by Chapman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for the bargain price
Good for the price, some nice colour pictures. Was disappointed not to see one mention of Holy Basil in any of the recipes which I (maybe mistakenly) thought was an essential Thai ingredient - it certainly was in the Pad Gra Prao sp? I had off of the street stalls in Bangkok!)
Published 15 months ago by Ojjah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow recipes, 8 April 2013
M. Marley - See all my reviews
I am new to Thai cooking and decided to try this book as we have had a couple of fabulous Thai meals in restaurants lately. I bought the Kindle version of the book and my Kindle is an original so there's no colour photos and I found it cumbersome to go back and forth from the recipe to the instructions. However the recipes I've tried so far have been simple and delicious. I find that the prep is the longest part of the process for me at present as I'm new to some of the ingredients but the actual cooking of the dish has been a "doddle" as they say. In fact, I love this book so much I've ordered the hard-backed version so I'll get those colour photos afterall. One tip - if, like me, you find some of the ingredients hard to come by, you can always get them from Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant little book, 14 Mar 2014
This review is from: 200 Thai Favourites: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook (Paperback)
Recipes are sure to please with good balance of thai flavours. All dishes have photos to tempt the taste buds . Excellent for those who like uncomplicated but tasty food.

3.0 out of 5 stars not what I expected, 10 Nov 2013
I expected a bigger book, and have found lots of recipes in this book I already have. . It's ok though!.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 11 Jun 2014
the book didn't contain many of my favourites, the main one beiong Tom Tum Soup. It has some good advice and instructions but not as authentic as I was expecting.

4.0 out of 5 stars WoW!, 16 Nov 2013
I purchased this book today and I can't wait to try out all the recipes. The instructions are clear and concise, and the photos made me salivate. I'm going to make the red beef curry tomorrow.

In order to gain five stars I would suggest that:

1) All recipes should suggest an accompaniment. Some of the dishes such as the the red beef curry I would have with rice, however there are some dishes that are unusual...and I would love a 'what to eat with' suggestion!

2) There should also be substitutions included. As as Muslim I'd love to know what I could substitute pork for, and other non halal/kosher ingredients.

All in all its a great book for a pittance of a price, don't think about it.....buy it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite disappointed, 22 July 2013
Not quite what I expected. There are only a couple of recipes I will use. Have seen more exciting recipes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

200 Thai Favourites: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook
200 Thai Favourites: Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook by Oi Cheepchaiissara (Paperback - 5 Sep 2009)
3.99