Format: Paperback|Change

on 4 February 2010
This Craft Activities book will defiantly keep children busy for hours. The projects are spread across two pages with lovely simple instructions and step-by-step guide. Most activities give one or two variations. Every project has age suitability and approx time taken to complete each one.

There are seven sections in this crafty activities book -

FUN WITH PAPER- Ladybird gift tag, Button Bear Card, Advent Calendar
DAZZLING DECORATIONS - Paper Daffodils, Giant insect, Chopstick Wind chimes
MAKE IT, WEAR IT - Loved up T-shirt, Flowery bonnet, Hawaiian Costume
BAUBLES, BANGLES AND BEADS - Jewelled hair clasp, Foam Necklace, Seed bracelet
HOME SWEET HOME - Fridge Magnets, Bird Clock, Deck Tidy
SMELLS NICE - Beeswax Candle, Lavender Pillow, Novelty Soaps
YUMMY FOR YOUR TUMMY - Easter Egg Faces, Gingerbread decorations, Shortbread Spirals

We have already made pebble pets, butterfly coaster, colourful flowers and potato people.

I have bought quite a lot of Children's Craft Books and this one has to be one of my favourites. It cover so many different topics and seasons in each section, defiantly well worth the money for hours and years of fun!
on 7 January 2010
We love and use this book a lot. My boy just turned three and I was looking for inspiration and found it here. The book has lots of little projects that also suggest variations, but it is also not difficult to find your own variations. It's a great guide book. Will see how it is as he gets older, but so far so very good.
on 17 October 2009
I really enjoy this book with lots of creative ideas to do with little ones. Most craft stuff you can get at Tescos. A good way to keep the kids entertained on a rainy afternoon and you can also make some nice small gifts for family.
on 3 February 2010
This is a wonderful book full of easy to follow ideas. Each activity has an 'approx time taken to complete' which is really helpful when trying keep yourself organised. As a student primary teacher I would happily use this book when planning activities in art, d&t and cookery. A great find at a great price!
on 23 March 2010
what a great book this is - well set out and easy to follow - particularly using an age process on each page - i.e. 6-8 or 3-5 so you can be certain that the child can manage to create the article. And how lovely to have so many choices e.g. cooking and then playing with tissue paper - it has given my just five year old grand-daughter a great deal of pleasure and pride in her finished bits and pieces - to say nothing of the fun that Grandma has had.
on 5 December 2010
I bought this book for a friend's 7 year old daughter and immediately bought another for somebody else - I am even thinking of ordering it for myself. It is full of easy-to-make ideas for all ages. Making necklaces from painted pumpkin seeds, lavender bags from fabric scraps, simple greetings cards - most projects can be made from the contents of your craft drawer/kitchen/garden. Can't wait to give this book at Christmas!
on 7 January 2013
I was disappointed with this book. The activities look fun but my child is three and it's hard to find activities suitable for her. There's no index of activities by age, which is what is really needed. I guess it doesn't matter so much when the kids are older, but I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids.
on 17 September 2011
Lovely book well written, clearly laid out. I bought this book for craft ideas because I am a childminder. This is not the book for this purpose. They do have lovely gift ideas for making for family (perfumed pillows, soaps, etc) recipes but not really what I was looking for. However great to do things with your own kids. Most of the ideas are for the older end of the end range rather than the younger end.
on 27 October 2011
After reading the good reviews, I decided to buy this book as a gift for a 5 year old... ended up getting 4 copies in the end as I thought it made an excellent gift and gave them to some 4 year olds. Very lovely illustrations and activities which are practical for suggested ages. Book is wholesome and heavy, good quality thick pages and I believe the kids will cherish even past the age of 10.
on 19 August 2011
I bought this for use with the various kids I come across and it's got a great range of activities to keep them busy. Have had lots of fun looking through the book with 5yr olds to 10yr olds and all are just as fascinated. I do find, though, that some of the activities are quite labour intensive for adults with the kids giving up pretty quickly (such as making pocket purses). There are few activities where you could set it up and let them get on with it for a few mins unattended.