4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book but...
This is an excellent book, with clear instruction and very well presented, all the ones I have tried have been excellent.

The only downside is most of the recipes are in Hamlyn All Colour Cookbook: 200 Slow Cooker Recipes (Hamlyn All Colour Cookbooks) which is by the same author, and currently 2.69, So if you already have that book I would not bother getting...
Published on 17 Jan 2011 by Dicedan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I thought
One of the main reasons I bought a slow cooker was that I wanted tasty, flavourful meals without needing to create lots of mess, or spend hours on my feet. This book does have some nice main meal recipes in it, but frankly it wastes a lot of space with recipes for hot drinks and vegetables - why on earth would you cook carrots in a slow cooker, as opposed to a...
Published on 20 Jan 2009 by Everyone's A Critic

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Recipe for success!, 3 Feb 2009
This review is from: Ultimate Slow Cooker: Over 100 simple, delicious recipes (Paperback)
If you are in any doubt about purchasing this book don't be! Believe me I am no Chef but I do like to experiment with easy to make dishes that taste great. This book is easy to follow has great recipes and they turn out perfect every time. I thoroughly recommend this book to anyone with a slow cooker. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!!!, 24 Jan 2009
Ms. T. K. Ward (uk) - See all my reviews
this book is brilliant it has loads of recipies that wouldnt think that you could cook in a slow cooker!! from fish to whole chickens its accurate and i love trying new dishes and havin fun while doing it and my hubby approves definatly a must buy for anyone who has a slow cooker!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ultimate Slow Cooker, 31 Jan 2011
The perfect guide book for a novice slow cooker owner. Well laid out, easy to read and navigate, with mouth-watering illustrations that really do encourage you to get in the kitchen and get started. Excellent value for money in itself, it leads the way in showing the cook how to produce tasty meals without breaking the bank at the supermarket. In addition, it isn't top-heavy on meat based recipes and offers loads of great vegetarian options - the Chilli Black Bean Stew is a knockout. Don't be put off if you're a single person, most of the recipes can be portioned and popped in the freezer - I might have to get a bigger one!

5.0 out of 5 stars slow cooker, 19 Jan 2011
bought this as a gift was so cheap thought it might be a bit naff.how wrong was i! this book has great recipies with plenty of pictures and great ideas.who knew you could get a marmalade or cake from a slow cooker!

5.0 out of 5 stars Foodies Favourite, 2 Sep 2010
In a house of 'Foodies' this recipe book is a prime favourite.

I lost my original copy in a house move and had to re-order it, it is that good.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, bit fussy!, 7 Dec 2012
I thought the idea of a slow cooker was to be able to shove everything in, well that's ok if you have a stock cupboard the size of a small country. Whilst some of the recipes and good and delicious there are too many that require excessive amounts of preparation and or ingredients that I wouldn't even know where to get. Bit disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My most-used cookery book!, 17 Feb 2012
I use this book 2 or three times every week. I can't recommend it highly enough, every recipe comes out perfectly and is so delicious. I have the goulash bubbling away in my slow cooker as I am typing this! My family's favourites are the burgundy beef, beef and ale hotpot, kashmiri butter chicken, spanish chicken, hungarian goulash and pot roast chicken with lemon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 25 Nov 2011
This book is fantastic, can't recommend it enough. As a "newbie" to slow cooking I was looking not just for a variety of
recipes but information on what can be done in a slowcooker, with clear instructions, illustrations & advice on adapting
other recipes. All of which is covered in this book. I spent some time looking @ various similar books on amazon site using "look inside" feature which was brilliant along with reviews helped me to choosethis book, and am so glad I did.
Have already tried heaps of recipes from book, all have been recieved well loads of compliments for recipes.
I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has a slowcooker experienced or not in slowcooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Slow cook book, 9 Mar 2010
Mrs. Penny Witney (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
Every recipe I have tried in this cook book as worked & tasted great. I am very pleased with it, We have loved trying new recipes & you can be confident that they will turn our great.

5.0 out of 5 stars ultimate slow cooker, 19 Dec 2009
B. A. Lower "Barbara Lower" (West Sussex England) - See all my reviews
Love this book everything has turned out great if you have a slow cooker buy this!

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

Ultimate Slow Cooker: Over 100 simple, delicious recipes
Ultimate Slow Cooker: Over 100 simple, delicious recipes by Sara Lewis (Paperback - 3 Nov 2008)
9.56