on 9 March 2008
This was the first book I bought after purchasing my slow cooker. It has been a great help because it not only has a some wonderful recipes but has specific information about how a slow cooker works which has enabled me to translate some old favourites. Favourite recipes have been produced week after week, and everybody from the 14 year old to the 4 year old has enjoyed them. Good range of recipes, all the ones we have tried have been delicious. Highly recommended.
0Comment|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 October 2008
If you buy one recipe book for Slow Cookers, buy this one. I bought two others as well and this is by far the best of the lot. The recipes sound and look wonderful and turn out just like it says in the book. Plus, not having used a Slow Cooker before, there is lots of useful advice on how to use it. A 'must buy' for anyone with a Slow Cooker. Fantastic.
on 13 March 2009
This is a great book for people starting with slow cookers, it explains how they work and gives you the confidence to adjust for your own cooker and use adapt recipes you already have for use in the slow cooker. I am really pleased I got it and have used lots of recipes.
on 30 October 2009
This is a much needed new and up to date slow cooker book. I found that it was easy to follow which when trying to get things ready before going out for the day is what you need. The recipes are also easy to scale down for just 2 people. One thing I would suggest is if you are making a stew, for when you come in from work or retail therapy, make sure before you put dumplings in to cook that you get the stew upto a rolling boil before adding them, otherwise they come out like marbles and any dental crowns will suffer and cost you a second mortgage to replace.!!!
Slow Cooking: Easy Slow Cooker Recipes

I found this book to be an excellent help in using my new Slow Cooker, and have produced some very tasty casseroles and roasts.
on 12 April 2009
Ideal starter book for novice slow cooker uses. Will open fully ,so easy to read the directions.
on 13 March 2013
There was only one recipe that I like, as for the other recipes I found them tedious.
I would not recommend this book.
on 23 February 2013
This is a brilliant book for a beginner on using the slow cooker occasionally. Good gift and well recieved and now using.
on 28 June 2010
I love this book and I've done plenty of the recipes. I especially think that the meat recipes are great. Haven't tried the dessert ones. It's a shame that the book is not bigger with more recipes. For the price, would recommend it.
on 23 September 2009
After puchasing my slow cooker I was looking for a cook book for some basic, simple, everyday recipes to cook for my family whilst I was at work - unfortunately I couldn't find one recipe in this book that I would consider cooking - I would suggest that unless you are looking for something a tad more ambitious to expand your cooking repatoir, this book is unlikely to be much use.