on 11 December 2006
We use this book so much that I don't even bother to put it back on the shelf. It has a permanent spot between the kettle and the fruit bowl. The recipes are a glorious combination of speed and authenticity - fast and easy with short lists of ingredients all readily available. Tempting photography on every page, and for most recipes, so you know what you're aiming for. I've used it for special occasions too - for the simple catering of christenings, birthday parties and family get-togethers.
on 18 August 2011
I saw this book at my parent's friends house while I was staying with them for a while. She would use a lot and I would help prepare the recipes, it is so straightforward and it ends up being delicious! I just love those recipes, it's so easy to follow and they end up absolutely incredible, if you like Italian, this is better than take away !
on 24 November 2013
Best Italian cookery book I have. Everything in the book can be cooked in 30 minutes (or very close). Chocolate risotto a bit odd, but the lemon polenta cake is terrific. Duck with cranberry and balsamic vinegar is a show stopper.
on 20 February 2000
This has some exciting and very tasty modern italian recipes, and they really can be cookd within 30 minutes. some are quick pasta (but not your standard recipes, try the zingy lemon and basil orso) and others are quite elaborate - say guinea fowl with fresh herb sauce or pan cooked rabbit with sage (which i cooked with chicken thighs for a party of 8 in less than 30 minutes).
if you like modern italian, and want to eat it every day, not just special occasions, then this book is for you
on 3 May 2011
I bought this cookbook a few years ago and rate it as my most used cookbook. The recipes are easy to follow and i am always pleased with the results. The risotto recipes are a stable in my household and make very economical dinners especially the butternut squash risotto where all the ingredients are readily available in the kitchen.

I made the lemon polenta syrup cake a couple of weeks ago for my parents and in laws and it was a great success served with cream and ice cream.

The book is a must have i would recommend it to anyone.
on 28 October 2010
Saw this book when visiting France on holiday. It was in the flat we rented. I was so impressed that I looked for it when we returned home. It is brim full of tasty, quick and very simple recipies. They all have that real Italian flavour. Buy it and enjoy the results!!
on 22 July 2016
Attractive readable recipe book. Loads of choice. Recipes look attractive and are very varied. Looks promising with scope for interesting Italian dinner menus within practical time spans.
on 3 June 2015
Quick service very happy with my purchase