VINE VOICEon 10 March 2016
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The book offers those tired parents/and any other unfortunate baby carer, ways to solve the sleep ‘problems’ of children from new born through childhood., It’s a weighty book, the chapters deal with understanding sleep and how to encourage good sleep habits all the way through to sleep solutions. Well laid out with some lovely visuals data flowcharts and hour by hour steps all support the parent looking for a strategy. The writers Mandy Gurney and Tracey Marshall have 15yeats experience with children’s sleep problems and are mothers themselves as well as health professionals, worth a buy if you’re struggling!
on 12 May 2015
This book is horrible. I can't believe that people follow these methods with their own children without questioning the harm they are causing them. This is a "quick fix" system that is easy to sell to sleep deprived parents. I found it utterly disturbing. Babies vomiting are not as distress as parents?! Really? It made me sick.
Tonight I will hold my baby and will remember that this is just a phase and that our connection is much more important than "training him" to do something that he is not yet developmentally ready to do. Don't waste your money!
VINE VOICEon 13 March 2016
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Obtained for my son and daughter in law whose toddler son is having sleeping problems. The Millpond Sleep Clinic offers some practical methods aimed at children from babes to older children . Using a variety of approaches to this age old problem which can lead to fractious, sleep deprived children exhibiting behavioural problems including temper tantrums., 'Teach your child to sleep' will hopefully nip any potential problems in the bud.
Enabling both child and parent to enjoy a good nights sleep and calm, stress free days.
Worth a try if its a problem in your life.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a really useful book, well laid out with things like routines and troubleshooting for different ages/ sleep problems. it is also illustrated with a number of cases studies, one of which is probably relevant. Main techniques seem to be controlled crying or gradual retreat; we actually used the controlled crying method with our own children, now grown up, although we didn't know that at the time. My son's wife is expecting a baby and she felt this book was full of common sense information and would be invaluable.
on 14 January 2008
Oh my God!!!!! What an amazing find. It was my health visitor that asked me if I had read it and she was going to lend me her book. But being a bewildered Mum of my first 5 month old going on 3rd week of waking every 2 hours in the night, I was desperate and I just bought my own copy.
It is the best.
Gives you case studies, Found one exactly tailored to my situation, clear outlines of solutions.
The first night I started, he didn't wake at all until 6:30 and that was huge for me.
Didn't even have to try the Controlled Crying Technique ( only did that once and I cried more than he did).
I wish this book got more promotion.
They can count on me as one. And as for Gina Ford.....................her Contented baby, Contented baby's first year, Contented baby's weaning book. Contented.......My ____.
I would recommend this book to hers any day of the week.
on 15 March 2016
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This book provides lots of step by step advice for getting your child to sleep - really good as many books focus on babies, whereas this book has ideas for lots of situations. Our daughter has never been a good sleeper. Since her baby sister was born she has been having night terrors, and would always end up in our bed. The book was a great starting point for us discussing and agreeing on a tactic and sticking to it, and we have had 2 lots of 4 nights slept through in a row which is heaven!!!
VINE VOICEon 14 April 2016
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I think we're all willing to try virtually anything to ensure our child (and therefore we) get a good night's sleep. I think for a lot of parent's it's hitting on the right solution that works for you and the child - and sometimes it's simply a hard few years/months to get through before you start getting a decent nights' sleep again. This book has some good ideas, and well reasoned plans to try. Worth a read and a go if you're struggling.
on 4 November 2015
It is quite possible this book saved my life, I used the guidelines to sleep train my 10 month old who had never slept more than two hours in a row. In less than a week he slept 10 hours straight - can't thank Millpond enough. It's easy to follow and is definitely child focused.
VINE VOICEon 18 March 2016
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Brilliant book! I wanted this book to help me with a study paper im doing with regards to children and sleeping patterns. Its fun to read, and very easy to understand. In fact i even gave a few hints and tips to a friend who is having problems with her daughter sleeping. Good value, and well worth a read for any mum struggling with a baby, toddler and child and their sleeping patterns.
VINE VOICEon 16 April 2016
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We haven't had any sleeping problems yet but I wanted to get this book in order to prepare myself for when we will need to help our baby with her sleep. The book is quite comprehensive but offers only 2 methods: controlled crying or gradual retreat. The methods have been tested by the sleep clinic so we will try them in the future.