4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good
This book does have some gaps which are quite frustrating, such as whether a particular recipe can be frozen and cooking temperature for fan ovens. I accept that a lot of the recipes contain meat, however, I have cooked many of the recipes and have not been disappointed. They are simple, relatively quick to prepare and absolutely delicious. A note of frustration for me...
Published on 20 Jan 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Aware
I really wanted to rate this book 2 and a half stars but that option doesnt exist.
The recipes in the book are tasty, if you follow the diet im sure you will lose weight (i think thats true for all sensible diets)
My main problem was trying to find the time to get the ingredients and the time to prepare the food.If you have the time and the cash then this book...
Published on 18 Jun 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, 17 May 2005
R. Field (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Low-GI Cookbook: Over 80 delicious recipes to help you lose weight and gain health (Hamlyn Food & Drink S.) (Paperback)
Disappointing. Not enough background information and far too many recipes use meat. Pretty hopeless book for vegetarians.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth having, 17 July 2006
zztopbanana (Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent addition to anyone's culinary library whether you are a Low GI fan or not - clearly not every recipe will suit every person but the ones we have tried so far are very good indeed.

Clearly nowhere near as many recipes as the 1000 recipe series but this book gives you a variety not found in those publications.

Considering the price, it is well worth it. Healthy eating and a healthy price for the book. A bargain, actually.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 2 July 2014
Gift.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good recipes in this book., 25 May 2014
This book does contain some good recipes, and includes careful ways on family favourites. A good regime with sustaining food that stops one looking for sugary treats. Not glossy magazine foodie recipes so a good book for family use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 19 Sep 2013
Lovely recipes,great photos, easy to read and easy to follow and make dishes, some great ideas. really enjoyed this book, my favourites included tortilla pizza, banana bread, blue cheese souffle and aubergine and chickpea pate. All very easy to do and inspiring to add different ingredients to the basics. well worth buying!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best healthy eating book possibly ever, 5 Jun 2013
Mrs. Sarah Drury (UK) - See all my reviews
This book has literally changed my life. I have finally found a way to eat healthily and enjoyably at the same time, all thanks to the recipes in this book. There is a good variety of recipes to choose from and none of them have failed me yet, they are very easy to follow using ingredients that are easy to get hold of. After loosing 10lbs since following the low GI diet, I no longer feel as if I am on a diet and look forward to trying out all the recipes in this book. I would not hesitate in recommending this book to anyone who not only wants to loose weight but improve they're overall health.

4.0 out of 5 stars tasty meals!, 9 Jun 2011
Lots of yummy ideas, i especialy like the scone one!

Plenty to choose from so you dont get bored of the same foods.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Recipes, 16 Dec 2005
By A Customer
I just loved this book. I cook mostly on the weekends so I try to prepare foods before the week ahead and I found many of these reipes do the trick for me. I have lost weight over the past two months. I agree with others that I wished there was more detail with the reason why and how much , but the overall results speak for themseveles. A very good book in a series of low GI food books out there today. I also recommend Doctor Weiss's book "The BackSmart Fitness Plan.By exercising and eating proper I am no longer struggling from day to day. Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for low GI puddings and desserts, 26 Feb 2010
Jane Pearsall (UK) - See all my reviews
Maybe have not given this one a far chance so dont let me put you off it is great for puddings and desserts I am mainly veggie so not so many recipes that are for me but meat eaters will love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great ideas and suggestions, 16 Oct 2014
Fantastic book. Great recipes - all really easy to do and don't cost a fortune to buy. No weird ingredients. Recommend it to anyone