4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good
Published on 20 Jan. 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Aware
I really wanted to rate this book 2 and a half stars but that option doesnt exist.
The recipes in the book are tasty, if you follow the diet im sure you will lose weight (i think thats true for all sensible diets)
Published on 18 Jun. 2005

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 20 Jan. 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Low-GI Cookbook: Over 80 delicious recipes to help you lose weight and gain health (Hamlyn Food & Drink S.) (Paperback)
This book does have some gaps which are quite frustrating, such as whether a particular recipe can be frozen and cooking temperature for fan ovens. I accept that a lot of the recipes contain meat, however, I have cooked many of the recipes and have not been disappointed. They are simple, relatively quick to prepare and absolutely delicious. A note of frustration for me with cookbooks in general is the number of people each recipe caters for. 6-8 people?? C'mon there's only two of us, it can be a pain to try to reduce the ingredients when pushed for time. Overall I am glad that I bought this book as my introduction to cooking Low-GI style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food, good pictures, easy to stick to, 23 Feb. 2006
By A Customer
I found this book very easy to use. I was a bit put off at first by the amount of pulses and beans, but tried the recipes and found them delicious. I have lost weight, my husband is not complaining about eating rabbit food and we are both happy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Be Aware, 18 Jun. 2005
By A Customer
My main problem was trying to find the time to get the ingredients and the time to prepare the food.If you have the time and the cash then this book is for you. If you can find a supermarket that has the huge variety of ingredients that this book requires, thats half the battle.

2.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, pity about the diet advice, 28 Sept. 2005
By A Customer
The recipes in this book are great - a bit complicated for every day meals, but nice ideas and healthy looking.
The problem is, that whilst they give fat and carbohydrate content etc., they don't tell you how they work on the GI diet, high or low, and what you can eat them with. Which is pretty much why I was buying this book to begin with.

2.0 out of 5 stars good food but book leaves much to be desired, 7 Jan. 2012
I would rate this 4* for recipes and 0* for look and quality.

I bought the previous paperback version a few years ago and really liked it, but unfortunately I lent the book away and never got it back. I wanted to buy the same book but the first edition was not available but this is the exact same book or so I was lead to believe. Yes the recipes are the same but the book isn't. The previous edition was twice as big and had good quality paper with lots of great pictures of the dishes like a good cookbook should have. This however looks like a cheap b&w pocket book reprint with no pictures whatsoever. Really disappointed, wish I had just gone to the amazon marketplace and bought the other now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Delicious, 21 Mar. 2005
This book states simply and understandably how the body digests different foods and why eating the GI way will help you to lose weight and gain energy without going hungry. It's got loads of really good recipies in it too.
I changed my way of eating to the GI way, without changing the quantity I usually eat in a day (which is too much really as I'm always craving sugary carbs). That was just 3 days ago. I've already lost 2 kilos! (5 lbs) and I've even lost my sweet cravings. Now when I want a snack I'll have my fill of Ham, Cheese, Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Chicken, Tuna & Tomatoe etc. etc.!!

5.0 out of 5 stars GI Diet Book, 5 Sept. 2010
Mr. K. M. Verrall "monkeyboyuk" (Loughborough. UK) - See all my reviews
I was very reluctant of starting a GI Diet, after all other diets failed over the years. I expected the same with the GI, but to my amazement (and shock) I lost 5 kgs after 2 1/2 weeks, and since then more has come off. I have now lost approx 12 kgs in as many weeks. This diet book has some wonderful recipes and they are lovely. I was recommended to buy this book, and now I am telling others to buy it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Every recipe a Winner!, 8 Jun. 2005
N. Cole "Crafty Tash" (Exeter, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is an incredibly cheap recipe book with simply delicious recipes. A few of my favourite recipes are spaghetti with crab and lemon sauce, spice encrusted beef fillet with haricot bean mash and herby griddled haloumi on bulgar and beetroot salad to name but a few. I gave it 4 out of 5 stars because it could have more detailed information in it but don't let that put you off if you like the sound of the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars gi cooking made easy, 5 Jan. 2006
Miss K Van Eetvelt (Ilkeston, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I found the recipes simple, easy and delicious, with the whole family happy to tuck in, even those not wanting to lose weight. It's given me enthusiasm and inspiration to stay on the GI path.

5.0 out of 5 stars G I Info, 23 Aug. 2005
Sean Hammond (UK) - See all my reviews
Another book on the GI diet, although it helps you once you get the hang of how to read it, I found it interesting,informative and a cheap price to pay for the info enclosed

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›