5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, easy vegetarian food!
Published on 29 Nov 2005 by Luce

3.0 out of 5 stars If only these were vegetarian recipes
Could have given this book one star for using cheeses made with 'calf' rennet - Parmesan, Stilton and Gruyere, for example, and many recipes contain Parmesan but would feel petty as most of the recipes can easily be adapted. Still, really surprising that the author isn't aware of this, for vegetarians, very old news.
Published 10 months ago by Valentina O.Cimun

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, easy vegetarian food!, 29 Nov 2005
This review is from: 30 Minute Vegetarian: Fast, Creative Vegetarian Food (Pyramid Paperbacks) (Paperback)
This was bought for me as a Christmas present a few years ago, and I've never put it away since! It's still my favourite cookery book (and I have a lot!), and in all the time I've used it I've never had a recipe that hasn't worked. A great book for people wishing to get into veggie cooking, because the recipes are well laid out, easy to follow, and creative but quick! Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Healthy vegetarian cuisine, 29 Mar 2008
This book surpassed my expectations. I had the sweet potato and goat's cheese recipe at a friend's place and was so impressed, I immediately bought it. Every recipe has been absolutely mouthwateringly delicious!

5.0 out of 5 stars Every one a winner!, 7 Sep 2007
This is an amazing cookbook. Like the previous writer we've found that every recipe we've tried has been a memorable one. I'm a meat-eater myself, but I would say that even hardened meat-lovers would have to admit that these dishes are complete and fantastic without the need for any flesh. Superb!

5.0 out of 5 stars For quick, tasty meals, 6 April 2010
Marand (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a great 'after-work' cook book. As the title implies these are meant to be dishes on the table within 30 minutes and for the most part I think this is realistic although there are a few where, in my view, 30 minutes is little optimistic.

The recipes cover the whole range from soups, to pasta & noodles (including an excellent vegetable noodles in spiced coconut milk); beans & pulses; rice (for example broad bean, lemon & parmesan risotto, red rice & pepper pilaff); pizzas & breads (lovely tortilla wraps with chilli & aubergine yogurt); pancakes & pastries, including gorgeous minted pea cake with mozzarella, tomato & basil; couscous & polenta; salads; vegetable dishes. There is a final chapter covering desserts & baked items like muffins but unless you only eat the dessert you won't come in under 30 minutes for a two course meal!

The range of recipes is so wide I think there should be something for everyone. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 8 Jan 2014
It was lovely to find a vegetarian book that was full of good recipes, that was quick and easy to make

3.0 out of 5 stars If only these were vegetarian recipes, 4 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars 30 Minute Vegetarian, 26 July 2013
This is a fabulous little cookery book- of the best I have come across. In as good condition as was told.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius., 27 Nov 2012
I have an older edition of this book and it's wonderful. Despite being several years old now, the recipes still seem pretty current and innovative. The cover image shows the cherry tomato tart which is not only very simple but very scrummy.

I can confirm that the recipes do in fact take only about 30 minutes.

5.0 out of 5 stars best cook book i ever bought - and I'm not even vegetarian, 5 Jun 2011
I borrowed this book from the library and liked it so much I had to order my own copy, and one for my house-mate! There are so many good recipes and every one I've tried has been excellent - and I'm not even vegetarian.

5.0 out of 5 stars A recipe book I actually use!, 24 Dec 2010
Quick, easy, delicious and healthy food, the only recipe book I regularly use. Also has some recipe for vegans.

30 Minute Vegetarian: Fast, Creative Vegetarian Food (Pyramid Paperbacks)
Used & New from: £0.01