on 18 September 2005
Bought this book for my 9 year old and she loved it. She made a full dinner and dessert with relatively little supervision. Chicken and rice and a wonderful chocolate puddle pudding dessert.
Actually, I love this book too - and we've already made loads of stuff from it, including pancakes with maple syrup; chocolate fairy cakes; carrot and rosemary risotto; stripy cheese on toast etc.
Well worth buying for any child aged 8-12.
on 29 April 2007
I love this book! Not only that, my mum is going to buy the book to do some recipes for her year 6 class after browsing my copy. There are pictures of all the recipes and down one column is a 'you will need list of utentils' and a clear to see list of ingredients at the top. The Oriental Chicken was delicious and a recipe I can even memorise, tasty mini vegeable frittatas and I plan on doing the one-pan chicken soon..the no bake chocolate cake caught my mum's eye along with a few others

There's a section for tiny cooks, meals to share, breads and bakes, puddings, easy freezy, cakes/cookies and some seasonal/festive treats too

This book comes highly recommended
on 14 January 2008
We bought this book looking for something to inspire our 3 year old .. she is very impressed!
The first recipe to be tried was the Veggie Frittatas - they were delicious and very easy to make.. the kids loved them and so did we!
The different sections in the book, such as 'how to' 'list of things you will need' and the well set out ingredients make it such an easy book to work with and the fact that every single recipe has a picture of the final dish means it's easy for the kids to visualise the end product.
We easily recommend this - if you're looking for a simple, straightforward book with clear instructions and interesting yet easy recipes - then this is the one for you...
Happy Cooking!
on 30 March 2007
I bought this book on the basis of a recommendation, as I had tried a number of other so-called child friendly cookery books and found them sadly lacking. This one beats them all by a mile!! It is attractively presented and well written, with clear step by step instructions and lots of accompanying pictures to illustrate methods of food preparation. Even the size of the book itself is child friendly!

The introduction at the beginning of the book is superb, as it goes over the 'how to' basics used in the book, such as using kitchen equipment, safety and hygiene, cookery terms and methods of preparation. The index and chapters are organised such that a recipe can quickly be found to suit all occasions, from breads and bakes through to cakes and cookies, taking in a chapter on 'tiny cooks' and 'festive fun' along the way.

My children love looking through the book (which is a firm favourite with them) and choosing something that they would like to make. I am more than happy to recommend this book, and hope other parents and their children have as much fun as we have!
on 29 November 2007
I was wanting to get a cookbook for my 8 year old niece and was depressed by the books on offer, that had pictures of very young children and pretty boring recipes.

This book is perfect! It's well set out, easy to understand, and a realistic introduction to adult cookbooks. Plus it has some brilliant recipes that I'll be taking note of before handing the book over!
on 18 April 2013
This book is good value for money, even though it was used I would say it is in excellent condition. Would recommend.
on 21 May 2013
Fab book. Grand children live it when they come to stay,it is easy to follow and fun, so good I sent them a copy
on 15 March 2013
Thankyou for this book it arrived in very good time, Sorry My feed back is very late, Thanks again 10/10
on 11 June 2013
My grand daughter really likes this book and has made quite a lot of the things in in with her Mum