on 27 January 2003
This book seems to have come from the Publishing House of Stating the Bleedin' Obvious! Very disappointing in the range of content, which far from giving me new ideas of how to stimulate my baby's development only trawled over familiar ground. Peekaboo games (how many varieties can be trotted out to fill the pages?), singing silly songs and hugging your baby are surely things that the majority of parents do in any case? And I dare say that those who don't won't be wasting ... [money] ...on this book!
on 20 October 2009
I really like this book. I only started reading it from the part for toddlers of 20 months (maybe the last reviewer started at babies?)but I thought it was lovely. It has given me some great inspiration, especially for games to play on a rainy day. I've gone as far as keeping this book in my kitchen to prompt me to have fun and spend quality time with my toddler while my baby is asleep. When all you can think of is what housework needs doing, this can provide valuable ideas and an excuse to sit and have some 1:1 fun! I definitely recommend this book.