5.0 out of 5 stars Cookery in colour by Marguerite Patten
This cookery book has been around for years, but it is still one of the best ever printed. The recipes are very easy to follow, even for a beginner. The colour pictures are a delight to the eye. I have taught three sons to cook, and they still refer to this book. It was given to me as a wedding present in 1965, and I still have and refer to it now. It tells you what cuts...
Published on 20 Nov 2002 by Mrs w Cartwright

3.0 out of 5 stars Great contents
Classic receipes. A book loved but thrown out with age some time ago. Decided that I wanted the book again. Unable to get new so purchased "used". Happy with the content as I knew I would be but the book smelt through being stored in damp conditions.
Published 20 months ago by M. J. Bundy

5.0 out of 5 stars just as good as I remembered it, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Cookery in Colour - A Picture Encyclopedia for Every Occasion (Hardcover)
Aah, just as good as I remembered it!

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book, looking forward to making the, 28 Jun 2014
fantastic book , looking forward to making the recipies

5.0 out of 5 stars Made my wife very happy, 28 April 2014
My wife remembers this book from when she was young. Her mother still has the rather well used copy my wife remembers.

I bought this as a present and she loves it. While second-hand the condition was excellent and exactly as the seller had described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good purchase, 6 April 2014
I bought cookery in colour to replace a wedding present bought for my parents 40 years ago so already knew it was a brilliant cookery book. The delivery came quickly and was in good condition. Very pleased with my purchase and mom was thrilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 19 Dec 2013
Very good book full of excellent easy step follow recipes, I am enjoying cooking recipes out of this book, have cooked plenty of cakes and sweets so far brilliant thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 12 Dec 2013
I loved using this book when I was growing up and I have my own copy now this copy is for my daughter

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with the purchase: Cookery in Colour - A Picture Encyclopedia for Every Occasion, 29 Oct 2013
I bought 2 copies of the book from the same seller. One was described as 'very good' and the other 'good'. I am pleased with the former, which is almost as new (except that there was previous owner's name written at the back of the front cover), but disappointed with the latter as some pages were dirty and the hard cover was coming off the book. Still, this is an old book. So, I am happy to be able to obtain these two copies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Step back in time, 16 Sep 2013
marvellous book by the queen of chefs, some dated recipes but they can all be changed and brought up to date and some classics that you will have forgotten about

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, very pleased., 6 Sep 2013
I was given this book as a wedding present but unfortunately no longer had it. I am so pleased I saw it for sale. It has brought back many memories as well as giving the recipes for good home cooking. A very good buy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Memories, 20 July 2013
We were given a copy of this book as a wedding present back in 1965. It was used daily for many years and finally got very tatty indeed and during a house move it disappeared. I was delighted to see that I could still buy a copy, but was a little disappointed when it arrived - as although it is in a perfect almost new condition, it is a newer edition and some of our favourite recipes don't appear to have been included. It will be used again and again though, and I shall look out for that earlier edition!

Cookery in Colour - A Picture Encyclopedia for Every Occasion
Cookery in Colour - A Picture Encyclopedia for Every Occasion by Marguerite Patten (Hardcover - 28 April 1972)
Used & New from: 0.01