5.0 out of 5 stars Good puddings like grandma used to make...
This book has some the best old fashioned puddings in it that I have seen in a while. Queen of puddings, Lemon Meringue pie and yummy bakewll tart! Good old fashioned british food that is so simple to prepare. Has a whole variety of dishes. I've been on the look out for this book for quite some time and finally found it here @ Amazon.
Published on 25 Feb 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Cook Book
Just what was wanted, my wife had the oringinal copy, but it got damaged she now has the copy plus a back up
Published 16 months ago by wallismeech

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good puddings like grandma used to make..., 25 Feb 2003
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Best darn cookbook I'll ever own, 25 Feb 2007
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
I have been using this cookbook ever since I first learnt to cook. I was terribly upset when I left home and couldn't take it with me, I have been searching for the same book ever since, I am so glad to of found it at last. You will really never need another cook book from Pidgeon pie to American style frosting, this book truly has it all!

5.0 out of 5 stars A cookery book for life, 26 April 2009
Alexander (Consett, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
I was given this book as a 12 year old and thought it was a strange birthday present, now 36 years on I am so pleased that my uncle gave me this book. It was my first cookery book and the one I refer to most frequently. I've cooked almost every recipe in the book, most of which are very economical. From the simple basics to Christmas luxuries its all in there. Celebrity cooking books just don't compare

5.0 out of 5 stars Cook book, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
This was purchased to replace a copy which I have had since 1968 and which is falling to pieces because it has proved such a useful cookery book. I have other recipe books but still find that this is very useful. I have never had a cookery lesson in my life and would reccommend it to other novices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best-ever Recipe Book, 22 Jan 2010
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
I have one recipe book, and this is it. I admit I don't really enjoy cooking, but this book has enabled me to create decent, well-balanced meals which taste wonderful. I love quality food but hate unnecessary additions and fuss, as I find it immoral for it to be treated as a work of art. It's good to use wholesome ingredients I have in the cupboard, and this book doesn't mean I have to go out and by loads of extras I'll never use again. Spaghetti Bolognese is light and authentic, the best I've tasted; Chicken and Bacon Pie recipe really is excellent. She gives basic tips as to cooking times, and general hints in the front of the book which are a real help. The pictures are well produced and give an idea of the finished meal. There are simple-to-follow recipes, all tried and tested so you can rely on them to work. Margerite Patten knows about healthy choices having been the advisor for cooking during the war, using basic ingredients under ration. She knows what she's talking about - thank goodness there's someone who doesn't use food to promote their own little world of glory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Memories, 17 Nov 2009
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
I first got this cookery book whilst on honeymoon in 1971 from the Green Shield Stamp Shop in Rhyl (anyone remember them).

Over the years I had used and used it until it had fallen to pieces so imagine my sheer delight when I found a second hand copy on Amazon. Unlike my original it had hardly been used, like new.

It brings back so many happy memories of my struggle with cooking when I first got married and, even though I only received it at the beginning of November, I have already done a number of well loved recipes.

The beauty of the book is that you get dead simple recipes with a limited number of ingredients, unlike some celebratory chefs where you end up buying about 20 separate items which can prove very costly if you don't like the final dish and you have spent a fortune on ingredients which you will never use again. Also lots of old fashioned type food which is becoming very popular.

I can recommend what is a basic cook book and, if, like me, you have owned one previously I am sure you will have fun reminiscing over times past, especially when the cooking probably wasn't as proficient as it is nowadays.

5.0 out of 5 stars 1970s cook book, 29 Mar 2010
Allan McConnell (Dublin Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
Excellent cookery book -timeless and clear. Replaced our wedding present of 40 years ago. Outstanding "bible" for your average everyday cooking.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only cookbook you'll ever need, 15 Oct 2009
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
I've been looking for this book for a long time. My mother has used this book for years and it contains just about every recipe you might want to cook not only day-to-day, but also for special occasions, preserving, using up leftovers and so much more. It's a repository of basic cooking that everyone should know, that never makes it into celebrity cookbooks without a much heftier price-tag. The instructions are clear and precise, the recipes simple and easy to understand. I love this book, and it's pretty much replaced every other recipe book in my collection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyday cook book, 19 Aug 2009
Lockwoov (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Everyday Cook Book in Colour

This book was given to me in 1970 as a wedding present and I have used it ever since. When my old one started to rot away and my favourite pages were unreadable I decided to try and search for a replacement. I found my answer on Amazon and was very pleased to be able to find and replace my fond and trusted recipe book. You will need an oven temperature conversion chart when using the book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: Everyday Cook Book in Colour (Hardcover)
I was disappointed that it did not have the cover sleeve on it. Apart from that it was in good condition. I bought this book for nostalgic reasons but what I got did not live up to what I had seen in the picture.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Everyday Cook Book in Colour
Everyday Cook Book in Colour by Marguerite Patten (Hardcover - Nov 1968)
Used & New from: 3.80