5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy reference, 13 Dec. 2008
Mr. John L. Dixon (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
I've got larger, more comprehensive references for HTML - The Ultimate HTML Reference is the most comprehensive I've found so far - but there aren't any which are better used. This, together with the CSS Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly)) are the two most frequently used of the pile of books sitting next to me when I work. I'd rate this as essential for anyway involved in web development.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does wghat it says on the cover, 13 Feb. 2009
A. J. Gauld (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I love the O'Reilly pocket guides. They are not for learning from but workaday references. In that role tyhey are great and I have several. This one is a good example, the tags are clearly explained and easily located. What more can you ask?

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy reference book - especially for those with little HTML experience but need to use HTML, 24 Sept. 2012
This review is from: HTML & XHTML Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly)) (Paperback)
I update my work Intranets and external-facing websites - for which I need to use basic HTML. I'm also not a coder, so I need a reference guide that is written for the lay-person.

This handy little guide (it's a pocketbook) gives me enough material with which to confidently keep my websites updated. The first few pages provide an overview of HTML and XHTML. But the bulk of the book is spent on describing how to add common attributes and events, and elements to your pages. What is great is that elements are listed alphabetically and by function (it includes all the main elements - headers, forms, lists, labels, menus, marks, etc).

The last few pages look at special characters and colours - probably the bit I use the most. There's also an index, which many reference books fail to have.

I highly recommend this book if you're having to update webpages in HTML, and just need a reference. Much better than a couple of the HTML tomes that sit on my shelf, but never get used. This little book, however, is always by my computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful, 26 April 2011
The book presents the tags ordered by name with a basic explanation of what is that tag for, its attributes and if it's supported on HTML4, HTML5 or XHTML. Simple, small, unexpensive and very useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book that taught me HTML!, 10 Aug. 2011
This is a great book to have as a reference for designing websites. Not only does it help me remember or work out HTML attributes I already know, but it also opens my eyes to some options I was unaware of.

This book will only act as a supplement for teaching you HTML but it is the kind of book you will keep on your shelf your whole life.

4.0 out of 5 stars Usefull small reference book, 27 May 2013
This is a small (physically) reference book which contains a large amount of very useful information on the html tags.
It will be useful to both the experienced and in-experienced web designers as it shows the range of attributes available for each tag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful Book, 2 Dec. 2013
A Useful book which has helped me when i was in need during coding and in my lectures. 4 / 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Reference, 29 Sept. 2009
ACJ (Aylesbury Vale) - See all my reviews
Everything you expect from O'Reilly. Excellent desktop quick reference. Shame Amazon take so long to dispatch the order

HTML & XHTML Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly))
HTML & XHTML Pocket Reference (Pocket Reference (O'Reilly)) by Jennifer Niederst Robbins (Paperback - 3 Jan. 2010)
Used & New from: £0.01