3.0 out of 5 stars Premier Elements 8, 20 Dec. 2009
Terry D "tdawson735" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Premiere Elements 8: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) (Paperback)
I've used a couple of other manuals in this series and found them excellent but I found this one a little disappointing.
It may be because I'm not interested in producing home videos with lots of title gimmicks destined to be exported to a DVD and run on a PC or TV. I suspect - but cannot judge - that the manual covers this application area thoroughly.
My interest is in editing video material, perhaps adding voice overs and finally converting it to a FLASH flv file for use, as a streaming video, within FLASH marketing and promotional material. If your interest is similar you may find the organisation of the manual less than optimum and much of the content somewhat irrelevant.
But I'm probably in the minority !

3.0 out of 5 stars Out of Date, 6 July 2013
Unfortunately the Adobe Premier Elements and Photoshop Elements program is now into version 11 but the Missing Manual publishers advised me (March 2013) that they have no plans to update this version 8 manual. Thats a shame. PLEASE can we have an update soon?

3.0 out of 5 stars Workmanlike, 14 Mar. 2010
J. E. Gardner (UK) - See all my reviews
These reviews are intended to help potential buyers to make purchasing decisions. This book is OK but not in the same league as the Photoshop Elements 8 Missing Manual.

I have used Premiere Elements since Release 3 and why another reviewer should seek to rubbish it in this forum beats me. The product is excellent and stable, and there's no value in criticising something you clearly don't understand.

Premiere Elements 8: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Premiere Elements 8: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) by Chris Grover (Paperback - 2 Nov. 2009)