Format: PaperbackChange

on 13 February 2007
As someone making the transition straight from Windows 98 to Vista, this book has been an enormous help. Prepared by David Pogue and a team of expert writers, the book is written in a highly readable style and is full of information and tips. Without this missing manual, and the reading I did of it in preparation for V-day, my first hands-on encounters with Vista (starting yesterday) would have been much more daunting. I look forward to further explorations, this manual in hand. In all, highly recommended.
0Comment47 of 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 March 2009
Windows Vista: The Missing Manual
An excellent volume once again from the people who made life easy for us when Windows Millennium was state-of-the-art!
It is no mean achievement to produce a manual that becomes invaluable for the user be he or she an absolute beginner or a seasoned Windows user. Clear text, copious illustrations, fresh format - all that makes for a first class product.
on 4 May 2008
Having previously bought "Windows XP Home Edition" by the same author/publisher I have found this to be equally useful.
Shame Mr Bill Gates doesn't spend some of his profits providing the same information with his products !
I highly recommend this book.
0Comment30 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 March 2009
I found this book an excellent well written guide. It was easy to read and fully explained the technical side in clear understandable non technical words without too much jargon. Although I have used computers for many years and initially managed the change to Vista I feal that I will be able to get much more out of it now with the help of this manual. I would not have missed it.
on 22 March 2010
I have been borrowing this manual from our local library for several months and found I couldn't do without it.So the logical step was to buy it.As the forward states,this is the manual that should have been in the box with the PC.It reads like a book, is both funny and informative and gives confidence to the user.I learnt many simple ways to operate the keyboard and programmes and when things did go wrong-voila! just reach for the manual and 90% of the time it offered a fix without the need to panic!It also opens the way to all the amazing things you can do with a PC,that I,for one didn't know existed.All in all a great buy and a good price from Amazon.
on 15 March 2009
A great manual, very helpful and well laid out.
Very suited to the transition from XP to Vista
on 2 August 2009

Very good manual. Covers everything and includes some more technical info if you're not a beginner, or you're interested to add to your knowledge. You won't be disappointed.
on 1 November 2012
An excellent book, just wish I'd bought it years ago. A friend recommended the Missing Manuals series to me and I've found it most informative and easy to understand.
on 13 April 2014
Veryhelpful guide to Windows Vista which explains a lot of things I have spent hours trying to find out. Super.
on 21 May 2015
This book is a god send, easy to follow ,makes sense,I highly recommend Windows Vista The Missing Years.