4.0 out of 5 stars Dunno what this long winded guy is talking about
I found this book on the internet through a friend who sent me the ebook. I started reading it and then eventually went out and went and bought the book. I found that it had a very clear way of explaining how CSS works a thing which has been keeping me out of designing websites for quite a while. The author delivers a methodical instruction to exactly how all the...
Published on 27 Sept. 2008 by Jay

2.0 out of 5 stars Verbose, repetitive, too chatty and slightly inarticulate (but then all technical writing is bad!)
I apologise in advance to the author for this parody. It's nothing personal, I just enjoy being unkind. Well, I hope it helpfully illustrates the book's flaws as well.

================================================================================

In this review, I'm going to cover the verbosity of the book, what verbosity means and how repetition...
Published 14 months ago by Edward Guyatt

4.0 out of 5 stars an excellent introduction to HTML and CSS, 22 Jun. 2011
M. R. Smith "Dr. Smith" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to (X)HTML, StyleSheets, and Web Graphics (Paperback)
I teach web page development, and this is the book I refer to and recommend my students to purchase. It is clearly written, easy to follow, and has well chosen examples for the reader to follow.

The book has clearly been written by someone who knows web development, and knows how to help beginners learn web development. The author takes a straightforward apporach to introducing both XHTML markup, and presentation with CSS, so the reader will come away both with a good foundation in web page development, and having developed good habits for their future development and learning.

I would always recommend reading several books when learning any computing topic, and for web development I would recomemnd people read this book first.

3.0 out of 5 stars Publication Date is misleading, 16 May 2012
C. W. Stephens "CStep" (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
I purchased this book based on two things - firstly, the (mainly) positive reviews and secondly, the publication date being May 2012. I would like to advise anyone who is thinking of purchasing this item that, whilst the publication for the Kindle version may well be May 2012, the content and book was last updated in June 2007. I think this needs to be made much clearer by both the publisher and Amazon.

2.0 out of 5 stars a bit too technical, 2 Aug. 2013
it is probably an interesting purchase for a web designer, but if you want to learn in the easiest way possibvle you would be better off with a book geared more towards a begginer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction!, 24 April 2009
Stefan Sten Grage "belix" (denmark) - See all my reviews
This is quite simply a great introduction to web design.

It learns you the important basic principles, without going to much in depth.

Go ahead, and you'll be making standards compliant websites in a couple of months.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 9 Sept. 2014
Mr. Peter Rice (dublin) - See all my reviews
good product fast delivery

Learning Web Design: A Beginner's Guide to (X)HTML, StyleSheets, and Web Graphics by Jennifer Niederst Robbins (Paperback - 17 July 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01